B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Waiting to exhale
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AEM short ram should be arriving in the next couple days, but i have a few questions

1.Has anyone heard of the MAF getting screwed up because an aftermarket intake?

2.IF i get a SES light should i put the stock air box back in before going to the dealership?

·
Registered
897 Posts
McNuggs said:
My AEM short ram should be arriving in the next couple days, but i have a few questions

1.Has anyone heard of the MAF getting screwed up because an aftermarket intake?

2.IF i get a SES light should i put the stock air box back in before going to the dealership?
Well of course your taking the chance for your MAF getting screwed up, but most likely it won't.. chances are that it'll be good.. just gotta clean your filter every now and then...
It also depends if your using a cold air intake or short ram... in your case, you should be fine and not even have to worry about water getting in there ;)
But for more as an cold air intake, if water was to get into the intake, depending on the amount.. could cause the car to hydrolock and there will be many problems from there... But so far i've had a CAI in my car for about a year and a half, and so far no problems with it.. only benefit that I did with it from day one was braced it tightly so it didn't shake or move around when I drive my car...
As for the SES light, most likely it won't go off, unless you do the install wrong or backwards with the MAF... but to answer your question, yea put the stock intake back on so the nissan dealership(s) won't have anything against you...

·
Registered
182 Posts
I've had two intakes on two SE-R's and haven't encountered any problems. Just make sure not to over oil the filter when cleaning it and you'll be fine, dirty filters are what were causing the MAF's to go bad.

·
Registered
921 Posts
dirty filters are what were causing the MAF's to go bad.

Don't know about that. Injen says their filters work best around 30K miles. The oil is actually what collects the dirt and if you over oil your screwed. Oil and vibrations kill MAF not dirty filters.

·
Registered
12 Posts
if you are refering to the mass air flow sensor sensor goin bad as a result of an aftermarket cold air intake. yeah we're in the same boat. nissan apparently told me that because i didnt have a "nismo" cold air intake, the one i had on there was allowing to much dust and debris to go into my engine. they also informed me that becuase of this my motor would need a 400 dollar wash job and they charged me 120 bucks just to tell me this. hope this helps, l8r

·
Registered
249 Posts
you're more likely to mess up your MAF by mishandling it during your intake install. those things are sensitive, so handle it w' care. any vibrations or bumps would cause it to malfunction.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
aztecredsentra said:
if you are refering to the mass air flow sensor sensor goin bad as a result of an aftermarket cold air intake. yeah we're in the same boat. nissan apparently told me that because i didnt have a "nismo" cold air intake, the one i had on there was allowing to much dust and debris to go into my engine. they also informed me that becuase of this my motor would need a 400 dollar wash job and they charged me 120 bucks just to tell me this. hope this helps, l8r
:eek: they saw you coming a mile away, and when you arrived they bent you over.....don't take that crap from dealers

·
Red Beard Innovations
1,146 Posts
diwun67 said:
:eek: they saw you coming a mile away, and when you arrived they bent you over.....don't take that crap from dealers
word. They didnt even lube you up first. Know your rights.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts