B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of air breather did ya'll use (if you did) when you put on your intakes? (The filter that goes on the end of the hose that emits air back into your intake.) I just need to know if there is anything special size or brand wise? Thanks, Mike

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
well i'm gonna be getting a K&N breather filter,,,,when I start creating my CAI....you can pick up a K&N breather filter at any Harley davidson shop.....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1428062&a=10696175

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The breather/filter I am talking about is a really small one. I've seen it in a post before but I can't find it. It goes on one of the hoses that connects to the black stock rubber tubing. I think someone said the hose puts some kind of crappy air back into your engine to burn it off and the small filter prevents it from doing so. I know confusing, but if anyone knows what I mean please tell
thanks, Mike

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well, with my engine the breather filter caused my engine to knock at low RPM's I would suggest not using it if it produces any sort of result as mine. I took mine off and now the engine is great!

-iLL

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any pics or explanations........meaning, what are they? What do they do?

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, neon ground effects, clear turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So if I want to leave my stock tube there I can't put on a filter because the hole were the hose originally went would still be their right?

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hokemon:
The breather/filter I am talking about is a really small one. I've seen it in a post before but I can't find it. It goes on one of the hoses that connects to the black stock rubber tubing. I think someone said the hose puts some kind of crappy air back into your engine to burn it off and the small filter prevents it from doing so. I know confusing, but if anyone knows what I mean please tell
thanks, Mike

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
that's what i was reffering to was the breather filter you can get a real K&N for it threw a harley shop....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
Can you just pull out the Factory intake breather and replace with a K&N? Like if you just keep the orginal tube(pipe) and just change the square piece and put a dome shaped one.

------------------

Sportin Da ILL 2000 SE, Greddy Exhaust, HID Hyperwhite Head bulbs, Turn Signals, and Fogs, Free Intake Mod, Custom Made Grill, Vinyl Eye lids, Gas Cap holder, Sound system w/Amp, 1 1/2" Dome Tweets, and Sub...BOOM!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
if you modded one up somehow i'm sure it could be done but not really sure how it would bolt on....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts