B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just took my ride over to SR20Development today..... got the CAI installed... took about hmmmm 30 min!!!!!! We'll round off to a hour but you get what im trying to say. Install went smooth.... a few things but nothing we couldnt handle.

Lets see.... things to know.....
no hole for temp sensor.....
no need to cut..... fit like a charm.... a little tite though

get a nice sound around 4000 rpm.... if you drive normal ... sounds like stock, but when you punch it..... oooooh... what a sound

i love it...... cant wait for the headers

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
446 Posts
Did you get the b14 cai or the specific b15 cai from Hotshot? I know that my PR one had both sensor holes and everything fit perfect? Whats up with that? BTW, I looooove the sound above 4k, the car is still so sleeper until about 4.000000001k RPM. I cannot wait till my stromung exhaust arrives. Then I'm going to debadge my car, steal some old se-r stickers, put some wild decals on the side. Spray nos with no bolt- ons and think I am the shiznit. Wait, I thought I was posting in Club SI again.... sorry. Anyways nice to hear on the successful mod man enjoy!

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
124 Posts
30 minutes. Holy ****, I think I set a world record tonight in longest time every to install the Hotshot CAI. It took me a grand total of 6 hours including a break for pizza. It was also my first time using a dremel. It was fun as hell though and it was time well spent.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heres a pic.......

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what did you need a dremel for?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:
what did you need a dremel for?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everyone that I know who installed a CAI had to enlarge the hole for it to fit,,,,,You didn't have to do this?????

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
605 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SDsr20de858:

no hole for temp sensor.....
no need to cut..... fit like a charm.... a little tite though

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

SO what did your mechanic do for the temp sensor?

When you said no need to cut, what were you referring to? Your fender? Battery Tray?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I had to cut both the fender and the battery tray.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
didnt need to cut the fender or battery tray.... didnt have to cut anything.... fit was a little tight but it worked perfectly
heres some pics to show you what im talking about

see! no cutting..... kinda tight though
no spot for sensor... so we ziptied it down..
this fit was loose, so we wrapped it in red electrical tape to pick up the slack.... fits fine now
looks good!!! i love it..... pulls nice.... install was pretty smooth

------------------

[This message has been edited by SDsr20de858 (edited March 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
124 Posts
Those pics aren't coming up.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
aim Stea1th727

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
they are fine on my comp?????? hmmmmm.....

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
test

------------------

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmmm.... why do they do that??? for pics....
click this.... http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/sdsr20de858/lst?.dir=/2000+SE&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t&.done=http%3a//y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/sdsr20de858/lst%3f.dir=/2000%2bSE%26.src=ph%26.view=t

------------------

[This message has been edited by SDsr20de858 (edited March 03, 2001).]

G

·
I can't believe Hotshot still ****ed up this intake. After all this waiting for the Intake that was supposed to fit perfectly and use the correct sensors...we got screwed again. Thank You Hotshot!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Sweet! But no hole for the temp sensor? Couldn't you have just drilled one? The OEM hole isn't that big. You could have just started with a small drill bit and worked your way up till you got the right diameter.

30 minutes??? Sh*t, my *** took forever and a day to do my install. Just remember me if I ever try to join SR20DEvelopment, k? Remember not to hire me.

Nice work and enjoy your CAI, man.

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks man!!

couldnt drill.... there is a powdered heat coating over it.... we would have to sand down the coating then drill then weld then coat again..... we aint got no coater so scratch that idea

------------------

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
which sensor is missing, the one down by the fender? If so, save urself some headache and just make the hole like sr202K said. Its a small hole the size of a nickel. No need to coat or weld what isnt there? BTW...858, im diggin that shift light, me wants one. Where you get it?

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
see now after seeing those pictures and that the fact that it didn't come with the proper wholes for the sensors makes me say WTF!!!! I mean you pay all that money and you gotta drill yourself?????

thats why I am going with Place Racing sorry Hotshot.....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
605 Posts
where EXACTLY do you have to drill? and for what sensor?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
http://y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/sdsr20de858/vwp?.dir=/2000+SE&.src=ph&.dnm=nospotforsensor.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%3a//y42.photos.yahoo.com/bc/sdsr20de858/lst%3f%26.dir=/2000%2b SE%26.src=ph%26.view=t

Right here is a pic that shows the sensor that is not connected that you have to drill the hole for...

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

[This message has been edited by Sentra Styling (edited March 03, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 36 Posts