B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hold on to your keyboards this is gonna be a lengthy one!
My buddy Josh has a 98 Honda Civic and he paid Import Powerhouse $5,897.38 to build him a custom LS/Vtec setup with a sleeved block and axles the whole nine yards. He had to return to the shop EIGHT different times due to the following reasons:
1. Wrong ECU twice ( It was a LS non-Vtec and a SI) He ordered a GSR which they agreed on prior to the construction of the motor
2. They gave him broken axels
3. Scraped up Valve cover beat to hell
4. Wrong AC bracket
5. Wrong Wire harness & o2 sensor
6. Crank sensor was SHOT
7. NOW the RINGS ARE SHOT!!! This motor only has less than 2500 miles and he never spueezed or had a chance to run in at the track. It was getting a turbo put on it at the end of the month.
He has MAD blow by and is going though a quart of oil every two to three hundred miles.
Import Powerhouse wants to charge him full price to fix it and said "One out of 5 motor we build come out this way." WTF!!!!!!!!!

He took the car to Haskell Auto and found out that the crank something had teeth missing (broken off) and leaks were present. Everytime he went back and confonted the owner "Dave" he would never be there or would avoid him and/or get a nasty attitude with the guy. He'd be like "OK Come by the shop at noon and I'll handle it" We go and the Dude is no where to be found. Then he plays phone tag with us and dicks up around with excuses
My boy Josh is cool as hell and I have never seen him get in a attack mode or anything he is so mild mannored I think he sometimes doesn't even have a pulse . So I know he didn't provoke a fight or a negative situtation with the owner. OH, and get this everytime he went to tell them he had ***** wrong with his ride they would try to TAX him just for them looking the their f*ck ups!
Now the BBB is invloved and other organizations to try to get the $$ back or the motor fixed. He offered to have Haskell to pull the motor from the Civic and have it taken to their shop and either to fix the damn thing or refund the $$ and let it all be resolved. But the owner is a ****y SOB and has a superiority complex! I walked into his shop 2 years ago with $6,000.00 in hand to build me my motor and he priced me at $8700.00 for a U12 no tranny no axles no FMIC no BOV no tuning included and he said he had to cut and weld a motor mount even though my car is a B13 SE-R and I know the freakin thing will bolt in!

No word as of yet, so if all of the B15 community can support us I'd really appreciate it.
I'll keep all of you guys/gals posted...........................

Thanks for reading...

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bumpidy bump bump!

·
★★★★★
8,477 Posts
hahaha IPH sucks
my ex took his car in there because there was something wrong with his tranny/engine....basically long story short they only needed to replace the tranny because something stripped, and they replaced his whole engine instead even when it didn't need to be replaced...and they didn't tell him till after they did it. good times.

·
MYSPACE.COM/STREETARMOUR
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all who are supporting us and thanks for reading this thread. No word as of yet but I will keep all of you posted...
Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts