B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Scott today at Stromung and I should have my full cat back system in about 2 weeks. I am so glad that you guys on this board encourged me to call him. Thanks a bunch.

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have one question. How loud is it without the resonater? Right now I am getting one withone and I am trying to figure out if I should change my order before he starts it.I want a not anoyingly loud ,but something that has a nice deep tone to it with a medium sound. Please let me know. I would like to hear from people who have and don't have one on their Stromung exhaust. Thanks

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
623 Posts
it gets pretty loud with cai and headers. but without them, u cant really tell the difference... i sometimes doing like it b/c i live in downtown and there are cops everwhere... everytime i see one, i just clutch and let my car roll pass them :)

G

·
The headers will make it loud. The cat-back alone is pretty quiet. From 3K~4K RPM is where it is at it's loudest. To be honest, I roll down the windows when ever I can to hear MORE of the exhaust. hehe. I can't get enough of it!

The Stromung WITH the resonator is not much louder than stock. I mean, I could barely tell the difference in the car.

I'd be a WOman and get the non-resonated model. :)

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I have to agree with Maxx and say get the non-resonated pipe,,,I absolutley love the way it sounds with out it a nice deep throaty sound.........I especially love it when you first start it.......

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

G

·
Tell me about it! Right as the engine starts is the best. I have my car in the garage, so I get the full effect. hehe. Also, blipping the throttle right off idle is nice. hehe.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn you alllllll!, I want to hear it. mine is on the way being shipped over here, should be here by the end of the week. I told you Scott is real nice, I am gald he hooked you up. I will hopefully be able to get some dyno charts up here after I get the Stromung on.

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
623 Posts
just wait till u guys get headers... u'll even love ur exhaust more when u get it! sounds awsome when its at 5500 and up :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
Wait, so nismo girl, you saying that if I call up scott he'll get one to me???? OMG please tell me its true!!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All I did was call him up and he said that was just the just limited b.c it was a group deal and that he is going to be making more. He is getting the stuff to build it in one week and it will be shipped 5 days after that. I am going to call him tomorrow and tell him NO RESONATOR ,lol plus it will save me like $30 . Im gonna be a real woman lol

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
if you plan on getting a header you better get the resonator. When i had my custom exhaust without a resonator it sounded LOUD and $hitty. People could hear me from blocks away, trust me you will regret it...

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

·
Registered
623 Posts
nah josh... its not that loud with the stromung. their design is pretty good. power and no noise :)

sound is best at start up, when u left go of the gas w/out cluth and above 5500 rpm :)

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
thats cool then, i miss that additional hp from my exhaust but hated the drone on the freeway even with the resonator. Im glad to hear the Stromung isnt too loud, hopefully i can get one in the future.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*
(coming soon 90-91 EF)

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Akebono:
Wait, so nismo girl, you saying that if I call up scott he'll get one to me???? OMG please tell me its true!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Give it a shot man and see Scott will probably hook you up also....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back,Place Racing CAI

***My Website***

·
Registered
25 Posts
how much does the system cost w/o the resonator??and do they have one to fit mine?

------------------
1991 SENTRA XE 5SPD
OPENFILTER MOD,BOSCH PLAT+4 PLUGS,A/C BELT DISCOUNTED, GUTTED REAR/TRUNK AREA, ADV TIMING 15 DEG, SYHTHETIC BLEND OIL, SUN PRO TACH....

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TOOQIKK:
how much does the system cost w/o the resonator??and do they have one to fit mine?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think they only made it just for the 2000 & 2001

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I decided to be a real woman and called scott today and told him I didn't want a resonator. :)

The system without the resonator costs $540 including shipping. The resonator costs an extra $30

------------------
2001 Blackout Se with PP

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nismo_Girl_2001:
Ok I decided to be a real woman and called scott today and told him I didn't want a resonator. :)

The system without the resonator costs $540 including shipping. The resonator costs an extra $30

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There ya go ;) trust me you'll be happy with the sound of it without the resonator it's not that loud at all but it is noticeable ....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

***My Website***

·
Registered
124 Posts
Header and custom 2.5" exhaust here, without resonator. The car is loud as hell. My neighbor can hear me from literally a mile away. hehe oh well.

------------------
Ryan 97 Black SE-R
Custom 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot Cold Air Intake, Unorthodox Racing Pulleys (2set), Nis-knacks clear corners, timing at 19 degrees, Hotshot header(installing this week)
aim Stea1th727

1 - 20 of 21 Posts