B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 11:00am this morning I was going down a road (not really paying attention), saw some signs, read signs (telling what highway I was going by with an offramp), saw yield sign, merged into the new lane, saw camaro coming RAPIDLY in the other lane as I was crossing, BAM head-on collision and did a 180 in the middle of the road.

I was going about 35mph, who knows how fast he was going. Both my airbags went off (which gave me a couple burns on my arms, and they stink), all front end damage. Front end is folded up all the way to the exhaust maifold, engine is pushed back maybe 2" (cant see any damage to engine), no damage to either front wheel.

No one was hurt. Although, this wreck is my second one in 6 months with means that I am FUCKED with insurance. It looks like I'm gonna sell the car asap when its fixed and be car-less. Maybe I could buy a motorcycle and put the cheapest insurance possible on it.

Anyone want a 2001 Sentra with about 2000 miles?

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Sorry to hear that...

I wouldn't think this should affect your insurance... if you are not at fault. Not sure about the motorcycle thing. Most people lay 'em down. Especially if you are younger. Sometimes you don't get up. I laid two of them down-it's not pretty.

Good luck

·
Registered
186 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about that. Hope you're ok.

Is it me, or do you guys feel other people's driving has gotten so much worst in the last few years? Here where I live I've seen a difference, its unreal.

I would fix it and see what your insurance says. No doubt they will see its not your fault.....and things should be ok.

·
Registered
16 Posts
dude that sux....

Glad to hear that your ok and not in the hospital. Sorry about your car. Was the other driver injured? From what it sounds like, the other driver was at fault. If thats the case your insurance should stay the same. Hey maybe if your car is totalled you can get a new SE-R outta this. :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
hey sorrie to hear about ur accident and hope everything works out. Also....... u said nothing happen to the engine rite???:) intrested in sellin???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Glad you aren't hurt man, sorry to hear about the car. My last car was totaled last month when someone hit me doing 50 while I was stopped, so I kinda know how you feel.

·
Registered
446 Posts
man, you don't have to sell the car, the thing is....its completely the camaro's fault...so you have no obligation to tell your insurance...his pays for the damage, the rental car, EVERYTHING...and so it doesn't go to your insurance no rate hike and you can keep the best car ever!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Good to hear your ok. The car did its job.

I don't think insurance on a motorcycle would be less than a car. It's also not a good option for a person who seems to get into wrecks, even if they aren't your fault.

·
Registered
169 Posts
In North Jersey 90% of the poeple drive like retards. It is more or less every person for themselves. I'm just glad this car has decent brakes otherwise I'm sure it would be an accordian by now.

doc

Crimson said:
Is it me, or do you guys feel other people's driving has gotten so much worst in the last few years? Here where I live I've seen a difference, its unreal.

·
Registered
383 Posts
hey Doc ever ventured to staten island, just over the bridge? Have to be just as bad, maybe worse....The NY cell phone ban should tone things down a bit at least in NY...Kev I'm sorry to hear about your car dood, glad your ok & sounds like it wasn't your fault. Hope things work out.

Dr. Mario said:
In North Jersey 90% of the poeple drive like retards. It is more or less every person for themselves.

doc

·
Registered
783 Posts
Glad to hear that you are OK. From the last couple of accident reports, it sure sounds like our Sentra's take a lot of damage in a collision, but protect the occupants well.

The wrist burns are fairly common with airbags. A guy that works with me had more damage from the airbag than he would have had otherwise in his low speed fender bender.

There was a big article in the paper here the other day about hand position on the wheel on a vehicle with airbags. Apparently the recommended or approved position for the CHP is 3-9, and some of the police and sherrif departments are going with 4-8.

Unfortunately I have to disagree with many of the insurance comments posted so far. It is really going to depend on what your state regulations are. In California, when my wife got hit a few years ago we lost our utra great rating for no accidents, and got dropped down to a regular good rating. It helps to know and talk to your agent also. They can be very helpful explaining your story to the right people at the home office.

I hope your

·
Registered
268 Posts
oh man....

seriously that sux man.....but glad to hear that you are ok.... :(

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
man, you don't have to sell the car, the thing is....its completely the camaro's fault...so you have no obligation to tell your insurance...his pays for the damage, the rental car, EVERYTHING...and so it doesn't go to your insurance no rate hike and you can keep the best car ever!

I'm gonna agree with iLLt3ck. Here in Texas at least, since it's his fault you don't even have to tell your insurance, his should have to pay for all damages and rental car. No rise in ur premiums, no rise in rates. No need to sell it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts