B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've made up my mind, I'm in the process if trying to find the best deal. Anyway, this will be the first mod. I have a GXE, but i should be getting a SE muffler within the week. I might head to the shop to get some different spark plugs put on. I'm trying to get a 50-60 shot and NOS or Zex brand. Let me know what you think.

ohh yea I need to buy like 13 nos stickers incase my bottle is empty. 13*3 = 39rice hp!

latar

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE

Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

www.virtualdesk.net
buy my software so i can buy more mods!!!

G

·
Call Zex first to make sure the kit will work with the new engine. To my knowledge, no one has tried it yet.

Don't pay more than $450 for the kit. I have seen them as low as $425. Check E-bay, as I have seen teh kits on there before. Just be sure you get the Nissan kit, not the more common Honda kit.

Also, beware that certain people have had problems with the kit. If Zex is unsure if it will work, don't be a guinea pig!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't had any personal experience with nitrous on my own car, although I had a friend that ran it on his 10 second Camaro.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let me try finishing this post....

Anyway, he had to retard the timing off his non-nitrous tuning setup. I think he also used colder spark plugs. He also had to up his fuel delivery.

I'm not sure that you'll need to do all of this on a 50 kit, but just in case, you'll want to check the timing at the very least. And remember, hit the gas only at full throttle! Part throttle will really give your engine a serious case of piston-itis.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

G

·
The timing is an important issue. On the SR20DE engine, Zex produced the kit for the OLD motor that ran 13 degrees of timing. The new Sr20DE motor runs 15 degrees of advance. I think this is gonna be BAD, since advanced timing and NOS don't go well together. It might be necassary to pull back a couple degrees of timing ALL THE TIME in order to make the NOS more effective.

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Dunno much about N20..but here's my 2 cents

PRO:
Instant power
Cheap bolt-on
Cheaper than turbo or supercharger (in a short run)

Cons:
-You'll go juice happy and eventually blow up your motor (seen way too many people blow up their motor)
-Will cost a hella more in long run (you'll be paying more money on bottles)
-No respect from people

Now if I haven't convince you to go TURBO instead of juice yet..here's more advice for ya

Venom's N20 is good from what I heard...if it can fit Sentra..you should give it a try since it's electronically control..meaning it juice up by itself when you hit certain RPM (like turbo)...

Hope this helps but think again before you go JUICE happy...you'll regret soon or later so you might as well go Turbo...

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR **TOP SECRET**

MODS? Too much to list!

-90 CRX w/ B16 swap and many goodies **Project Beater**

-98 Civic ---super beater

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I also thought that you had to run at the least a 2.5 inch exhaust???

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

G

·
Hey Jeff- Are those Rota Circuit 8's on the Integra?

I think Nitrous users get respect. If your running fast times, I don't think anyone really cares how you got there. hahaha. Sure, a turbo has the "cool" factor, but for the Sentra, it's just not financially practical.

------------------

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CorporalJeff:
Cons:
-You'll go juice happy and eventually blow up your motor (seen way too many people blow up their motor)
-Will cost a hella more in long run (you'll be paying more money on bottles)
-No respect from people
[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jucie happy? what is that? like if i try to shot like a 75 or 100 shot? The reason I'm not interested in turbo/super chargers is that they can be ripped out incase something happens. I think i could be able to remove all traces of the nos kit if i got into a wreck or such.

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE

Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

www.virtualdesk.net
buy my software so i can buy more mods!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by maxximtl:
Hey Jeff- Are those Rota Circuit 8's on the Integra?

I think Nitrous users get respect. If your running fast times, I don't think anyone really cares how you got there. hahaha. Sure, a turbo has the "cool" factor, but for the Sentra, it's just not financially practical.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually..those are MUGEN's..but 2 weeks ago..I sold 'em and got Rota Curcuit 8's now.

Nitroous people don't give respect simply because anybody and their cousin can get a hold of one....turbo however, requires a lot of $$$ and work (tuning)..and it's not often to see a turbocharged Sentra so if you can get one..you'll get all the WOW's from people :) Besides, I think the Pssssssst sounds sweet :0

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR **TOP SECRET**

MODS? Too much to list!

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sinner:
Jucie happy? what is that? like if i try to shot like a 75 or 100 shot? The reason I'm not interested in turbo/super chargers is that they can be ripped out incase something happens. I think i could be able to remove all traces of the nos kit if i got into a wreck or such.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reason why you'll go poof...

Most of people I know use 50 shots start up..but then they'll add 25 more cuz 50 doesn't satisfy 'em no more..and after a while..they figure 75 is safe and they'll up 25 more..and more and more and more and the engine will go pooof one day..trust me..you'll go juice happy cuz you wont' give a damn and just want to add more shots when people beat you :) And as for ripping the turbo off..it's just as easy as ripping the radio off...the installing part is the hard part..

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR **TOP SECRET**

MODS? Too much to list!

·
Registered
0 Posts
how 'bout now? no more pics ;)

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR **TOP SECRET**
MODS? Too much to list!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wouldn't go Nitrous only because alot of my friends blew their motors. One fully cracked the block running I think he said 30-35 somthing like that but yeah he fully killed the motor. Another blew his motor at tracks and his motor cought fire, he had to put out the intake filter with his shoe lol was so funny! And theres the respect thing. People at the track teased my friends calling them babys for using a baby bottle. I have no prob with people on the bottle just I wouldn't use it!

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Registered
8 Posts
first things first-everyone is saying that "their friends" are blowing motors left and right. that is a little hard to believe. my 91 se-r was running a 100 shot for over a year. i would only use it at the track(figure one day at the track-at least 1 bottle of n20). the car ran low 14's all motor then 13 flats on happy gas. you people should just use it when u need it, for a street race or at the track-that's it. when you just drive places(mall, work, etc) you dont need it. and unless you shoot it irresponsibly you and your motor will be ok. i have to be very honest-if you know how to drive your car and listen to your motor-you will NEVER blow ANY motor. keep that in mind..

------------------
1991 se-r w/sr20det 11.81 @ 123mph and a recently purchased 2001 sentra se for my wife and child-no mods yet.. very very soon though... cai, nos, cat back and headers in da works. representin jersey-west new york 57th street. LO DOWN!! check out my site for some pix- www.wkdtrbo57.bigstep.com

·
Registered
0 Posts
If you add crap load of HP to any engine..it will blow up on you....and thats' the reason why all FI cars requries a lot more TLC. But as for juice...people tend to test their engine and see how much more shots they can put in before their engline blow up...
A buddy of mine who sprayed while doing close to 100 on 3 gear (redline @ 9200rpm) thinking he won't hurt...next thing you know..kaboom...rods gone. If you spray cautiously (just to give an extra boost)..it's a great addition..but most of the people I know go trigger happy even @ high speed (big no no for nitrous)..

Jeff-

------------------
-00 GSR
MODS? Too much to list! **PROJECT D2**

1 - 17 of 17 Posts