B15 Sentra Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made up my mind, I'm in the process if trying to find the best deal. Anyway, this will be the first mod. I have a GXE, but i should be getting a SE muffler within the week. I might head to the shop to get some different spark plugs put on. I'm trying to get a 50-60 shot and NOS or Zex brand. Let me know what you think.

ohh yea I need to buy like 13 nos stickers incase my bottle is empty. 13*3 = 39rice hp!

latar

------------------
Sentra IRC server @ sentra.mine.nu port 6667

Car:
2001 Sentra Blackout GXE

Horepower mods:
Tinting +1hp chrome Wheel covers +5hp
Custom Front Plates +1hp
Still badged -7hp

www.virtualdesk.net
buy my software so i can buy more mods!!!

M

·
0 Posts
Call Zex first to make sure the kit will work with the new engine. To my knowledge, no one has tried it yet.

Don't pay more than $450 for the kit. I have seen them as low as $425. Check E-bay, as I have seen teh kits on there before. Just be sure you get the Nissan kit, not the more common Honda kit.

Also, beware that certain people have had problems with the kit. If Zex is unsure if it will work, don't be a guinea pig!

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
100 Posts
I haven't had any personal experience with nitrous on my own car, although I had a friend that ran it on his 10 second Camaro.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Let me try finishing this post....

Anyway, he had to retard the timing off his non-nitrous tuning setup. I think he also used colder spark plugs. He also had to up his fuel delivery.

I'm not sure that you'll need to do all of this on a 50 kit, but just in case, you'll want to check the timing at the very least. And remember, hit the gas only at full throttle! Part throttle will really give your engine a serious case of piston-itis.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

M

·
0 Posts
The timing is an important issue. On the SR20DE engine, Zex produced the kit for the OLD motor that ran 13 degrees of timing. The new Sr20DE motor runs 15 degrees of advance. I think this is gonna be BAD, since advanced timing and NOS don't go well together. It might be necassary to pull back a couple degrees of timing ALL THE TIME in order to make the NOS more effective.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.