B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda picture my granite sentra with 17 inch Volk Racing TE-37's in BLACK!

If I get these 17 inchers then I will have to drop my car hard. Most people got their b15 dropped only 1.5...I will go for the minimum of 2"...if not, more.

What do you guys think of BLACK or BRONZE rims? I think they mix it up a little more than just plain silver color.

Holler

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
good luck trying to drop your car that much. Sentra's have very little suspension travel so you will be riding on the bump stops most of the time.

------------------
2000 Sentra SE performance package (radium)
Sunroof/Leather/Tint/Gas cap holder
SMC Short shifter (not yet installed)

G

·
You might also want to picture a new passenger side door in that imagination of yours.
j/k

------------------
2001 SE
P/P, 5 spd.
Cloud White

MODS:
------
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (On The Way!!)
- Hotshot CAI (At The Coaters.)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Personally if I were to go with new rims, I would go for a flat gray rim like I have seen on some of the Skyline's I reallllllly like that look but other than that I would pull a Wes and go gun metal powder coat. Those are my opinions tho, also I wouldn't lower my car that much, sure it would look decent but the ride would be utter crap!

-iLL

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They have short suspension travel?? Aww jeez! I wanted to drop them atleast 2" all around. I dropped my other car 1.5" and it was too high for me. There's gotta be a company out there who drops our sentras atleast 2".

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would prefer white rims. I don't know how it would look on a gray car, but for my jade se it would look pretty good (i think)!

I don't like black rims very much. They remind me of wheels without hubcaps. I would prefer gunmetal or silver. But if you like them....more power to ya!

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
its true.... cant drop them more than that.... I have coilovers and we turned it all the way down. Your best bet is to upgrade to a complete suspension system, that my drop you lower.... tell me how it goes!

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
hey 858, i want to see your car. You get any weird noises?

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i got mad noises... its sounds like the coils are rubbing together or something.... i get a squeek when I turn and a loud *** noise when i hit the littlest bump... its kinda annoying slowing down so much all the time but Im getting used to it. How does yours ride darkside? You getting any noises... what springs are you riding on?

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Hotshot header and CAI on the way!!!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i got the eibach sportlines, im kinda glad to hear im not the only one getting these noises. i bought/installed these at Pann Auto in Nasty City. They told me they had a similar prob with the new accords when lowering them. They said they'd wrap some kinda rubber hose around the top coils cuz it worked on the accords. Ill find out tommorow whether it works and pass the info.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*"]http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/darkside_se?d&.intl=us&.flabel=fld1&.src=ph]*myb15*[/URL][/url]

·
Registered
112 Posts
858 u r not alone. I got the same porblem 2. w/ eibach pro-kit.

------------------
B15-SE w/ sport package.
5spd. Black.

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
damn it!!!! i want to lower my car but i'm not sure i wanna deal with all the clinks and clunks...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
cool... i feel alot better knowing its not just my car!!!

Im going to put rubber spacers in between the first few coils and then I'll let you guys know if it cured the problem......

------------------

·
Registered
560 Posts
Chino, GAB makes shorter struts for lowering. You might check with them about the Sentra. In an essence, those are racing struts and their softest setting is much stiffer then Stage II.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will check with GAB, but 4real, what is the lowest I can go with my sentra? I was hoping just making 2 inches? I need lower than 1.5....i had 1.5 on my civic and didn't like it....it was too high.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Who makes struts for b15? Eventually, when spring hits, I'm going to start working on my suspension part. I will buy a set of coilovers (if they have any good ones), sruts, wheels/tires, rear sways.

What do you thinK?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
no one does yet as far as i know chino

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
WEll i'll be....DArkside, u got sportlines....what kind of shocks?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i got the sportlines with stock shocks, i cant recommend them brah. The noises i hear from these damn springs are making me crazy. I tried putting some rubber hosing around the top coils to reduce the noise. It didnt at all. As a matter of fact they are coming off soon.

------------------
*Josh*
*myb15*

1 - 20 of 26 Posts