B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone has messed with their ignition system, because when i look at IMPP they have blaster coils for our cars which are almost universal but i was just wondering if anyone has upgraded theirs for a more accurate and efficient spark.

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
200whp? that w/b a 75 shot. actually, more than that. more like a 100 shot, less the 20% drivetrain drag which is around 80whp. makes me paranoid, very paranoid.

i'm afraid you would need more than just an ignition system. personally, i would rather retrofit a 97 ecu and run the jwt setup. more expensive, yes, but also much more safe. i haven't read much on n2o lately so i'm kinda outa the loop as far as what's available over the past 2-3 years.

any takers?

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Probably not 200whp!

Something around the lines of a 55 shot!

I know its best with the ECU. but for the time being it'll give me a boost none the less.

And since I found a guy who sells them for 450$ USD, 712$ CND, thats darn cheap.

I'll leave the 97 ECU experiments to someone else, its just too expensive for us Canucks to do those kinds of experiments.

·
Registered
331 Posts
SpIcEz, I would not mess with NOx... I'm too scared with that.... replacing an engine is .... well too expensive for me, and it will probably void your warranty.. Think about it.... + there is the ***.... winter here!:eek:

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Project SE, well, I'll probably be right behind :)

I just need to put the cash together for that, I have other engagements to pay right now.

But it'll be soon.

IMO, if you take your time, do the reading, and are carefull every step of the way, it should work just fine.

Things to consider :

Spark Plugs
Injectors
Clutch

Those are things you might have to replace... so count that in the cash, before you install the kit, especially the clutch, it might wear out faster.

·
Registered
473 Posts
yup im getting my clutch ASAP im trying to get Clucthmasters to make one custom for the 01' SE I posted in another room about maybe geting a group deal and telling them to make a bunch but we'd have to find people that would seriously want them.. unless theres someone out there that already is making clutches for us but to the best of my knowledge no one does

·
Registered
473 Posts
Ive been getting opinions from someone that also posts here and he is pretty sure that the Zex kit is not as safe as advertised... i really wanted to get it but now im not so sure i might just wait for the Venom Kit like "he" (undisclosed source) says

hey you know who you are if you out there let us know what the deal is about the Zex kit i dont want to put words in your mouth

1 - 10 of 10 Posts