B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I haven't been here in a while since I sold my 01 Sentra SE back in 2014 :( But here I'm again looking for some guidance. My brother has a Sentra 04 - 1.8 engine, automatic tranny with about 225k on it. The car has been running great since he bought in 2013. In November 2019 he got the code for misfire P0304..(we believe those were the original coils) my brother is the third owner...the car started to run in kind of limp mode....we bought all 4 Denso coils from Rock Auto. We change it and it ran find for about 3-4 months....then P0304 came back again, Rockauto sent replacement, we got it installed...about a month later.... puff P0304. After researching online, people says that it could be a bad ground that is messing the coil, specially negative wire from the battery to the transmission. Any ideas?...

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
could be material aging. when the ignition coil high voltage can't output smoothly, the current turbulence in coil will occur, causing the temperature to rise rapidly and accelerate the insulating material aging. have got it check in mechanic shop they can give you more accurate diagnosis

1 - 2 of 2 Posts