B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
I don't think the Sentra's are speed limited in any market. Most of us have found the point where the car is drag limited. :D :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
maxximtl said:
I don't think the Sentra's are speed limited in any market. Most of us have found the point where the car is drag limited. :D :D
hehehe, so far I've hit 120. The car was still riding as smooth as silk!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Dang you are luckly
us american market focus people are stuck with a speed limiter at 110mph unless we want to spend $230 on a chip to remove the speed limiter and raise the redline limiter
but hey the euro focus has no speed limiter just drag limited to about 135mph I think :D

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
mine isnt speed limited i have hit 140 on the speedo but i had my GPS on and it said i was going 133. But i think the GPS is slightly off but my speedo is too cause i went to a smaller tire so say like 136 i hit. damn quick for a stock car

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
Dare I ask what GPS you have? We carry a watch-based one where I work that I had been looking at...

·
Registered
446 Posts
I hit 137 or so in my Sentra coming back going down a long slightly downhill stretch of highway with no cars on the roard. I'd think thats about as fast as you can take it....

*on a side note* Chino when can we see some pics of your car man? Sounds like it looks and rides great!!

-iLL

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
I hit 137 or so in my Sentra coming back going down a long slightly downhill stretch of highway with no cars on the roard. I'd think thats about as fast as you can take it....

-iLL
Damn dude, 137?? I've managed 126 and I was working it. :)

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Serendipitous said:
Just read that Chip is a waste of time, so we can ignore him. I think that's the consensus on this board.
Hey now, iLL says he hit 137, that's not that far off. I think we said that given the perfect situation with the 5th gear would go up to 149? What do you all think?

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
I have a Garmin Street Pilot GPS, i don;'t remember what RPM i was at but i was still pulling, i would think our cars top out at around 145 cause if i had to make an asumtion of were i was i would say about 6200. And by the way i wasn't spraying, thats all motor on flat ground

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Serendipitous said:
Oh, I didn't know that 5th was theoretically good for 149. My mistake, sorry 'bout that :).
It's all good dude. :) I barely pulled 126, so 149 seems like a dream. 126 was with no mods though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I read that somewhere it was 126...Wow...that would smoke a lot of compact's ***...Layeth The Hatchet and burn the rubber...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Now I know for sure that some of you guys are full of ****. This board would be better off if you guys went somewhere else, say Ripleys believe it or not.

I have hit about 128 and I felt it might do 130 downhill.

do you realize the amount of HP it takes to gain 5 MPH in top speed. Its something like a 40% gain in power every 5mph.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts