B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a deal in the works if interested in purchasing one.....

if I can get at up to 5 people that want one:
$225 + shipping

if I can get 6 or more people:
$220 + shipping

if anyone is definately interested please post so below...

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

G

·
Okay, sorry but the first reply is gonna take this subject off-topic a bit.

Alright, do we really want more swaybar in the rear of the Sentra. A stiffer bar is gonna reduce traction on that axle. I don't know about you guys, but my Sentra is real Tail-wagging happy as it is. I have to be very careful in fast corners not to let the rear end step out on me. This is especially true under hard braking. A stiffer bar will only accentuate this tendency.

I'd just like to hear what you guys have to say. I am by no means a suspension guru, but what I do know says this might be counter productive.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to have a rear sway bar in order to reduce body roll around corners, and instead swing the back end around. I really like the suspension set up of my dads altima (ack!) it has a factory rear asb and it handles very nicely.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's

·
Registered
560 Posts
This has been discussed, and yes, maxximtl
is right. The car can get scary with too much rear asb. But, if you are enthusiastic about it, it can be fun.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The whole point of getting a rear sway bar is so the aforementioned affect is achieved. It seems to me like "why would I want to buy something that works how it is supposed to?" I also am still undecided upon new tires, either Kumho Ecsta 712's, Yokohoma AVS I's, or Bridgestone Potenza RE730's.

-iLL

------------------

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I wouldn't mind getting in on this deal but i can't right now because of the fact that I am on the PR CAI group buy i won't have the money

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

***My Website***

·
Registered
940 Posts
folks, i went to stillen and saw the rear anti sway bar. it is NOT a true ASB. it only bolts on to the trailing arms. no parts of it bolt on to the body, where the ANTI parts work.

a true ASB has to have 4-lins, two on each side, where one side has it's back bolted to the bodys, and at the end of the bar on the suspension.

chech out other cars with ASB, and you will see what i mean. i might work in a sence it will make it stiff, but nit a trueASB.

·
Registered
560 Posts
greendot:
this bar design works just fine. It is not the best design, because it increases the unsprung weight by about 30 lb, but it's the most common design for solid axle rear.

·
Registered
940 Posts
artem, have you installed one? i personally saw and handled one at the stillen shop, and was not impressed.

[This message has been edited by greendot (edited March 08, 2001).]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts