B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an uprev tuned ‘04. moderately modified (head work and intake plenum).

car pulls strong most of the time. It’s been giving me issues with no power randomly. It idles fine once started, but then when I put it in (any) gear, the RPM jumps to 1250 and the whole car vibrates. If I take it out of gear the car dies. If I try to take off the most it revs to is 1850 rpm. Can’t take off, complete limp mode.
I had it towed to my shop, they jump started it and no problems — they said no codes. All good come get it. They did a throttle body cleaning and idle air relearn. Car was good for two weeks, and now it’s acting up again.

Oh and after it dies, it has a heck of a time starting back up almost like it doesn’t want to.

Ideas? Thoughts? Or is it just the Nissan gods telling me it’s time to drop that down payment on my new Z?

thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: I found my 12v accessory (aka cigarette plug) had a 10 amp fuse burnt out. Car started up but still wasn’t right. Battery voltage was low at 10.7v.
All signs pointed to the alternator. But… I had just replaced it with a remanufactured Bosch unit back in Feb. 2020. Then I found Scotty’s Youtube alternator video where he ripped Bosch NA alternators. I figured it was toast. Luckily I still had my oem alternator, tested it and it was fine!

So, I go to remove the Bosch alternator and quickly find the problem. A broken (4 gauge?) alternator cable— I mean completely severed.

I’m in the process of repairing the connector by re-crimping it using the factory terminal. Luckily it appears to have enough wire that I won’t have to extend it with a separate piece of wire.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Textile Lifebuoy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts