B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I like (no, love) the idea of the Patapsco Park. We'll have to do some voting on food though, I don't want to be cooking 9,000 different things instead of havin fun. I say let's plan on doing it at Patapsco. Here's the directions to the two areas that look to be the best. I'm checking to see which one would be best, so I'll probably have another post right after this one. I'm also going to try and scout the areas out on a Saturday and see how many kids and families are around. Personally, I like a little seclusion. Anyways, I've got all kinds of thoughts swirling in my head, and I'm sure we'll have this planned out in the next week or two, so let me know what you're thinkin!

Avalon, Orange Grove and Glen Artney Areas:
These areas are located approximately three miles south of the Baltimore Beltway. From I-95, take Exit 47 (BWI Airport) and travel East on I-195. Take Exit 3 to Elkridge. Turn right on US-1, heading south. Take next right on South Street. The park entrance is immediately on your left.
Avalon, Orange Grove, Glen Artney Park Map

Hilton Area:
From I-695 (Baltimore Beltway), take Exit 13, Frederick Road, west. Follow for two miles and turn left on South Rolling Road. At first intersection, bear right on Hilton Avenue. Continue 1.5 miles and turn right into park.

From I-95, take exit 47 (keep left on exit ramp), heading north (Route 166) to South Rolling Road. Follow 1.8 miles and make a sharp left on Hilton Avenue. Continue 1.5 miles and turn right into park.
Hilton Park Map

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
I want to come to this one! Let me know the dates that everyone wants to do it on. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'd be game, keep me posted on dates and other info.

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably looking at July some time. Orig... you'll have a little hike. You planning on staying over?

I still want to know what everyone thinks location wise. We're only talking a couple of miles difference, but I haven't scouted yet, so I'm not sure if one is better than the other.

Also, I may do a poll for food. I don't (like I said) want to be the "chef" for 18 different things when there's serious BS'ing to do!! ;)

Respond peeps, respond!!

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
tredragon said:
Probably looking at July some time. Orig... you'll have a little hike. You planning on staying over?
Depends on what weekend and where. I definitely plan on staying over if it's far and I'm lazy and I don't want to drive back. I want to hook up with you guys cause I need for someone around here to actually meet up with me and I'd love to meet up with everyone I can from the boards! Count me in, but the weekend of the 6th and 7th are a no go and the weekend after that. I have duty Sunday the 7th and Saturday the 13th. :(

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So perhaps July 20th??? Sounds like you're helping us decide on the dates. I'm game to meet everyone I can from the boards too. If anyone has any spare parts, CAI, Exhaust, anything to bring, I'd be happy to use it for you!! :D I'm just a poor boy, nobody loves me...

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
tredragon said:
So perhaps July 20th??? Sounds like you're helping us decide on the dates.
Hehe..I wouldn't totally go by when I can go. I have duty that Friday, so I wouldn't leave to meet up with you guys till Saturday morning, probably around 10am. Let me see how far and how long that would take.....

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I want a good turnout. We would probably meet up early afternoon. If you're in VA Bch, it would take what, 4 hours to get to the Elkridge, MD area?

I'm thinking Pork Chops and Chicken Breasts. I have some killer marinades I can do the night before, mmmmmmmmmmmm :D Potatoes can be cooked on the grill too, either whole wrapped in foil or cut and mixed in with say onions and mushrooms. I can also grille yellow squash with a butter/hint of garlic baste, whatever you guys want. Almost anything can be cooked using the grill, so the options are wide open. I want to keep it fairly simple though.

I don't have a problem with providing the vegetables and meat, but perhaps some sort of re-imbursement at the meet would be in order? It will be very inexpensive per person and you guys can divvy up the soda, snacks, etc.

Damn, I wish we could have beer there though. Not like I want to get fucked up and drive, but man, beer and grilling are like joined at the hip!

Starting to come together nicely... :D

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
should probably just do a "bring what you want to eat, expect to share" typa thing

beer, beef...

i'll have to see when my exams for grad school are...

it'd feel so empty without me...

·
Lebowski Urban Achiever
275 Posts
Mmmm....pork chops.

pditty said:
should probably just do a "bring what you want to eat, expect to share" typa thing

beer, beef...

i'll have to see when my exams for grad school are...

it'd feel so empty without me...

Bringing our own grub & drinks might be the easiest way to go.

However, I volunteer to bring charcoal. Also, since the place is wide open, I plan on bringing a baseball glove & a frisbee.

Anytime in July should work for me & the Mrs. Count us in!

·
Registered
7 Posts
July 20th sounds good. The day before my Birthday!! so you guys could pitch in to hook me up with a lil' sumthin' for my car ;).

HEY MR. SENTRA. you wanna meet me before going to the meet? I lived in Hyattsville, MD. It's near the University of Maryland, College Park.

By the way, what time are you thinking we should meet up there?

I hope that my mods get put on before that day. I've already got the GTR grill on. I'll post it when I get the chance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I want to come as I missed the last one
there is also GunPowder state park

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bring what you eat is probably going to save me some lost sleep in coordinating a meal, this is true.

Do you guys want to actually cook what you eat yourself too? I don't mind, but then again I'd be less responsible for everybody's food.

The beer thing is still getting to me. I have done it before, if you're quiet, in the back corner not around 20 other picnic'ers, you usually don't have a problem. But I don't want to get a ticket, I've done that once late at night in Patapsco below LIberty Dam... :(

7/20 is the deal yo! Times? Since OMS (Marv) has to come from so far, I don't want to make it super early, although I don't want everyone to leave an hour after they get there either. What about 2-3ish?

Also, I have to scout the sites this weekend. I'll take off early on Friday and check them out on my way home, since they're like a mile apart. Hell, I could check them out tonight I suppose, but I'll have to check the sched.

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, etc. Please feel free to post, PM me, email me, etc.

·
Now I have two boys!
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nong said:
July 20th sounds good. The day before my Birthday!! so you guys could pitch in to hook me up with a lil' sumthin' for my car ;).
Yeah Phuong, we'll get you one of those little scented X-mas trees!! ;)

·
Lebowski Urban Achiever
275 Posts
The more you drive, the less intelligent you are

tredragon said:

Yeah Phuong, we'll get you one of those little scented X-mas trees!! ;)

"Find one in every car. You'll see."

From Repo Man

BTW, July 20 works for us.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Nong said:
HEY MR. SENTRA. you wanna meet me before going to the meet? I lived in Hyattsville, MD. It's near the University of Maryland, College Park.

By the way, what time are you thinking we should meet up there?
July 20th is a great day to go by. I can get off of duty at 8am, but I have to get back to my pad, take a shower, then I'll be out. So, I'll leave Norfolk, VA at around 9. What's the specific address where this will take place and Nong, where do you want to hook up at?

Thanks Tre for making the time later, but you don't have to! I have all weekend to chill, so if we end up chillin late, then so be it. I think my team is coming with, but not sure if they'll actually drive up. It is a B15 meet, right? ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are you familiar with the college park area? Let me know where you are familiar with and we could meet there. After that, we could run up to the sentra meet.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Nong said:
Are you familiar with the college park area? Let me know where you are familiar with and we could meet there. After that, we could run up to the sentra meet.
I have no clue bro. Just give me a solid address or a location and I'll put it in Mapquest or something and I'll find out how long it will take to get up there so we can designate a time to meet up. :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts