B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've ended up being able to land a us acoustics amp (pretty much free btw) that I can bridge @ 4ohms to ~280wrms I was thinking about getting an Image Dynamics ID10 v.3 to run with it.

I'm not familiar with them, but just from cruising on SoundDomain, it looks like it'll be a good match for power output since it's a dual 2ohm sub. I was wondering what your guys' oppinion on the sub is.

Sounddomain has it for 130shipped. My budget is about as slim as the price of this sub. I'm not looking for a lot of SPL, just to fill out the sound inside my car since I'm powering the internals off of an Eclipse CD3434.

BTW I used to run an Infinity perfect 10.1 before it, my Avionixx and my alpine HU got stolen from my car. You can use that as a baseline comparison. Either way, thanks for your time fellas.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
So I've ended up being able to land a us acoustics amp (pretty much free btw) that I can bridge @ 4ohms to ~280wrms I was thinking about getting an Image Dynamics ID10 v.3 to run with it.

I'm not familiar with them, but just from cruising on SoundDomain, it looks like it'll be a good match for power output since it's a dual 2ohm sub. I was wondering what your guys' oppinion on the sub is.

Sounddomain has it for 130shipped. My budget is about as slim as the price of this sub. I'm not looking for a lot of SPL, just to fill out the sound inside my car since I'm powering the internals off of an Eclipse CD3434.

BTW I used to run an Infinity perfect 10.1 before it, my Avionixx and my alpine HU got stolen from my car. Either way, thanks for your time fellas.
Where's the specs for these subs, everyone talks about them but I can't seem to find them on ID's site....

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After some more searches I see a lot of people saying good things about ID subs, but I'm interested in this specific sub if possible.

I'm hoping it doesn't sound like an Alpine Type R (heard one at the store and it just sounded hollow and crappy in a sealed encosure, and it was a 12".

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vbspecv said:
I have an ID8D4v3 it is a great sub.
Can you describe it's sound, as well as the amount of power and kind of box you're using along with it?

·
Registered
980 Posts
I am using it in a sealed .41cf box.
As for sound, it is very clean and very tight.
It keeps up with really fast bass.
Not boomy at all.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks! anyone else have experience specifically with the 10"? I'm thinking it's the way to go, and it isn't as power hungry as the infinity perfect (which sounded great imho)

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump for teh night crew

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would it be better to get an IDq10d2 v.2 vs the ID10d2 v.3 .. their specs look to be about the same, IDQ is ~170 from sounddomain

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SPECSen said:
280W per channel? or 280 total?
I'ts a 2 ch amp, bridge @4 ohms it runs 280w

According to sounddomain they reccomend 250, and i"ve read reviews with these subs underpowered still pumping good bass...

If a sealed enclosure doesn't give enough bump, I could get a ported box made relatively cheap, I'd rather not do that since I love the punch that 10's have.

if I had 280w per channel I'd be looking for either a bigger sub, or more subs.. that is of course if I had the $$$

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I have 2 jvc warren g 10s powered by a power agaystick 980W amp....it was free....and sounds like anus....I want to buy these 2 10" eclilpses they have at the local store on sale for 400 with a sealed box :D

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
lawngn0mex said:
I'ts a 2 ch amp, bridge @4 ohms it runs 280w

According to sounddomain they reccomend 250, and i"ve read reviews with these subs underpowered still pumping good bass...

If a sealed enclosure doesn't give enough bump, I could get a ported box made relatively cheap, I'd rather not do that since I love the punch that 10's have.

if I had 280w per channel I'd be looking for either a bigger sub, or more subs.. that is of course if I had the $$$
are you buying one or two subs?

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SPECSen said:
are you buying one or two subs?
1 10" will be plenty for me, I'm running the internals (for now) off of my eclipse CD3434 2 10"'s would kill any other sound...

If I want to get more out of the system, I'll swap the amp to power the fronts and get a big 2ch amp and run another of the same sub...

curious as to whether the id10d2 v.3 will be well suited, and would it be worth it to pay more for the idq10d2 v.2

I'll be 30w over reccomended RMS since the specs look indentical.. I think the IDQ has a slightly higher sensitivity, which I'm sure would give me some more SPL.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yah...this is how I shop....I research a particular item....whatever it is.....when I decide which brand I like....I then buy the next item up in the line.....:D so I say go for the Q!!!

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
boost the 40 bucks for the Q for the extra 3.5db of sensitivity... that doesn't sound too bad.. all other specs are identical.

the v.3 is newer than the Q v.2... Have you heard either of them by any chance?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
no....but if I remember correctly from science class....every 3 dbs is twice as loud

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
I had an ID12v2. Did not like it at all, sounded like a JL12W0. I'd go with a ID10Q if it were up to me.

My $0.02 :D

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
tusk said:
I had an ID12v2. Did not like it at all, sounded like a JL12W0. I'd go with a ID10Q if it were up to me.

My $0.02 :D

Really??? Maybe I won't get an ID12v2 then, I already have a pair of JL12wo's but they're too boomy for my taste.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts