B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I will be running my car for the first time ever at Gainesville Raceway at approximately 7pm tonight. look at my sig for all my mods, and yes I know I have an auto, I will try my best and run as fast as possible. hopefully other cars won't intimidate me much, I just want to have some fun. I will let you know the times I run as soon as I get home. Wish Me Luck,
Juan C. C.

·
racing poser
15 Posts
Being another lame-o auto tranny owner, I'd like to know what kind of 0-60's and 1/4 mile times you get.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well here it is

I have calculated hp figures for my car as well, they are very very accurate: 161bhp, 124whp....that means I have a 23% drivetrain loss due to the auto tranny. the auto tranny really is bad, I thought it wasn't that bad.
Ok here it goes:
Reaction Time - .641
60' - 2.492
330 - 7.029
1/8 - 10.758
MPH - 66.38
1000 - 13.999
1/4 - 16.787
MPH - 80.12
i tried every trick there is, every way to shift and everything to set up, w/o having the timing advanced I was running b/w 17.2 and 17.5, but with it advanced by 1 to 3 degrees, I ran a worst of 16.899.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I have only taken my car out once and it was my very first attempt at drag racing. I have a 5-speed ,Stromung,and CAI. The best time I could pull off that night was a [email protected] with a 1.351 reaction time.

·
Registered
778 Posts
5 speed, intake, headers, no muffler....16.1 @83 mph. keep in mind that it was pretty damn hot and our race track is in crap condition. btw, do not powershift...it makes it faster but at a costly amount.

·
Registered
816 Posts
So how'd you advance the timing at the track? Did you bring a timing light with you? Or was it just kinda by the seat of the pants kind of thing?

16.7...Not too bad for an auto though.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
heheh

I advanced timing at the track by putting the car at idle, borrowing a 12mm wrench from some guy with a Mustang w/ 250 shot NO2 and taking off the top and bottom bolts of the distributor cap, and twisting just very slightly with my right hand clockwise. I noticed that the brakes overheated extremely fast, I will take my car to Nissan ASAP to have them check the brakes, and while at it I will tell the mechanic to make sure the timing is b/w 17-19 degrees. I think I am going to go for 18 degrees since I run 93 octane 24/7.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
timing

You probably want to check that timing right away. You could have overadvanced the timing and you are detonating. A car runs pretty well when it is lean until you blow up the engine.

I don't suggest anyone follow his method for advancing the timing. Do it right with a timing light.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes please listen to David

Nobody advanced the timing like I did, please. it is very bad because you can't tell exactly how much you are advancing the timing by. I will be taking my car to Nissan ASAP, but as soon as I get home today I will retard the timing a bit, even farther back than TDC(top dead center). then I will go to Nissan and tell them about my brakes and that the car doesn't feel as powerful and to advance the timing to 18 degrees. heheh, :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey 2k1dragsentra, are you more full of **** everyday or what? What kind of calculations give you 161 hp at the crank and 124 whp with just CAI and exhaust? I like how your MPH don't match up. Whatever happened to this super custom turbo setup you were doing? You're also saying you got 1/2 a second faster from advancing the timing? BULL FUCKN ****.

Terrin
92 SE-R
PR CAI, Hotshot Gen3, Greddy Catback, AD22VF Brakes, SMC SS lines, SMC short shifter, ES MM, ACT HD Clutch
137.8 whp ~ 160 hp at the crank

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What the hell?

Why are you bashing me like that? I have the slips to prove it. go to my site in a bit my Car number is 35. I have 9 slips all together and will scan them all now. Damn man, that is some really messed up shizt you are saying. What's so hard to believe about my power at the crank? 145 is stock, 161 is jjust 19hp more. 124whp is actually pretty bad, some people have gotten 136 or more at the wheels with the same mods I have but 5spd tranny. Please refrain from saying stuff like that when you don't know what you are talking about, that was really ignorant of you. Go to http//www.angelfire.com/fl5/spicclique/index.html Damn! that was focked up man.....pretty low blow there.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
and the turbo setup

The turbo setup is none of your business, only body08 and 2 other people will know about it(1 is aznivation, he don't know yet). Damn, no wonder why some people get pissed and leave the boards, it's cuz of people like you flaming at something that seems slightly weird.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey 2K1,
Do you happen to remember what other cars lined up against you? I would like to know cuz Car #74 has a slower 60' time than you but beat you in the 1/4 by about 1.5 sec. Was he squeezin? Or was it one of those powerful cars that had a lot of wheelspin in the beginning? Just wondering.

·
Registered
605 Posts
92SE-R said:
Hey 2k1dragsentra, are you more full of **** everyday or what? What kind of calculations give you 161 hp at the crank and 124 whp with just CAI and exhaust? I like how your MPH don't match up. Whatever happened to this super custom turbo setup you were doing? You're also saying you got 1/2 a second faster from advancing the timing? BULL FUCKN ****.

Can't admit when you're wrong.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok RadiumJohn

ok here are the cars I raced:
the car that ran slower than me in the 17's was a 1995-1999 Sentra or 200SX with a 1.6L engine and 5spd, he had a really badly slipping clutch and it was also his first time. The car than ran a 16.5 was a red Integra 5spd. The car than ran 14.2 was a hugger edition 1997 z-28 camaro. the car than ran 15.2 is body80's brother Mike with his 1995 200sx with a SR20DE(Japan Spec) swap--->intake, headers, exhaust. He actually ran a best of 14.9 back to back. the car than ran a 15.89 was a 1994 chevy caprice with a 350 V8(the most exciting race). The car that ran a 15 flat was a 4.6L V8 mustang GT with plenty of work done to it, I dunno how much he spinned out but his best 60 footer was 2.5something. He was so pissed and asked me what kind of work I had done to my car, lol. Ok there is the list of all the peeps I raced, Ohhh yeah the car that ran a 17.6 was a 5spd silver 4dr Civic that was a riced out, I am soo glad I beat him. heheh

G

·
Well....19 HP with just a CAI and Cat-back IS being very optimistic. The CAI is only good for 6-8HP and the Cat-back is good for less than that. As a rule of thumb, quoting HP and Torque figures without doing a legitimate dyno run is foolish. If you did a dyno run, you would probably be VERY surprised to learn what you are actually putting down to the ground. It will be less than you think.

In addition, altering your ingnition timing like you did was a major mistake. You have NO idea what change you made. Advancing your ignition timing too far can have very detremental effects. I don't want someone to read your post and think that this is an acceptable means of gaining performance. The guy in the Mustang should have known better too.

Talk is just talk until you have something to back it up with. Sure, you picked up some time after screwing around with your distributor....however, there are MANY factors that come into play.

·
Registered
59 Posts
First of all, you still haven't explained your calculations yet. Where the hell do you get 124 whp and 23% drivetrain losses? Explain how you have 161 hp now up from stock of 145 at the crank. The PR CAI gives about 3 whp PEAK. Read it again, 3 whp PEAK. Yes, it says on http://www.se-r.net that it gave 8 whp, but that was in the midrange. Not at peak. Exhaust gives about another 3 PEAK whp. These are hard facts from seeing many people dyno. Not reading off Stillen's claims. You are also posting misleading information regarding your timing. Advancing your timing is not going to yield gains of 1/2 second. Also, your MPH is still suspect. Why don't you take a look at http://www.sentra.net timeslip registry. You will find people, including me with trap speeds of 82 or 83 mph. With a 60' of around 2.3 and 2.4, times are ranging from 16.5 to high 16's. How can you with a lower MPH and a slower 60' time run similar ET's. Also, any regular drag racer will know that trap speed is a pretty good indicator of power. You claim 161 hp. I claim about the same but my MPH is around 92. Yeah, you have an auto tranny, but I somehow can't believe it would rob 12 mph from your trap speed. Is there something you aren't telling us? Are you braking at the end or what?

About your turbo setup, since you're going to make a killer drag setup, why don't I give you a goal to shoot for. My buddy Shaggy has a fully built GTI-R motor in his 200SX. 30 PSI and 497 whp and around 440 tq. Daily driven. Look for it in a future issue of SCC.

Terrin
92 SE-R

azninvasion: were you talking to me?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts