B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes I Suck Dont Tell Me, But Tips Would Help Alot.

I Grinded In All Four Runs.

In My First Day Going To The Track I Got A 16.1 @ 88 Mph. Yes I Suck

Any TiPs

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
hold your RPM ~2k and then launch how you would if you were normally driving.. work from there.. and shift faster. MUCH faster.

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Kind Of Time Should I Be Getting? Blue V Said Thats Kind Of A High Trap What Kind Of Times Should I Be Getting With That Trap, Or What Speeds Are Associated With It?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
SUN_SPEC-V_04' said:
What Kind Of Time Should I Be Getting? Blue V Said Thats Kind Of A High Trap What Kind Of Times Should I Be Getting With That Trap, Or What Speeds Are Associated With It?
maybe a 15.5 or so

·
coming soon
14,392 Posts
wow..........2.4 60ft? damn..........I've done better in teh weakness GXE!

practice practice practice

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
for i / h / e on a spec-v... you should be in the 14's. I think what happened was you were 1) launching bad then 2) granny shifting..

PRactice the launch, (you only can at the track really.. the track holds traction much better than a normal street)

After that practice shifting faster until you can get to power shifting (search on this topic)

Also... make sure you bump your rear tires to about 44psi and drop the fronts to like 26-27psi

From there do a quick 2nd gear burnout before the run, and you'll be set to get a better time.

There's lots of threads in GMS that explain the basics on getting a better time.. once you understand them.. practice.

·
I have a gavina!!!!!
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry Im Kinda Slow, Whats A 2nd Gear Burnout. I Was Really Nervous It Was My First Time At The Track I Couldnt Even Burnout.

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
I thought it wasnt good to power shift in this car?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
LoS8 said:
I thought it wasnt good to power shift in this car?
and why not? scaredy cat!!! hehehe j/k

yah my spec did 15.39 @ 88 MPH stock...so you should be doing ATLEAST that....(i was granny shifting as well)

·
Suffering From Boost Envy
725 Posts
granny shifting is what? regular shifting? cause when i just run my car a little on the streets i do it that way but i shift fast?!?! so am i granny shiftin like vin diesel said not to

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
by granny shifting I mean shifting the same way you would if you were just cruising on a street, letting the revs drop a tad before releasing the clutch so it was all smooth engagement.

If you're shifting fast, no grannyshifting there....

POwershifting is fine, if you only do it at the track... on the street, you'll jsut kill your tires and synchros... powershifting isn't good on the tranny ever.. but it's not like it's killing it immediately either.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hahah, i did my 12.7 granny shifting.

I always forget to powershift when im racing. i know how to do it, but i never think of it while im racing.

Dont worry about powershifting, we have a pretty tough car...Just dont do it all the time. I would never do it on the street unless i want to chirp fourth. More important then anything is to get the 60' down to 2.2 or 2.1 and you'll be doing good. To powershift, i hold the throttle about 1/2 way down when i push the clutch in and bang the next gear. I make sure the tach stays about 6k between shifts.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
buttons said:
Hahah, i did my 12.7 granny shifting.

I always forget to powershift when im racing. i know how to do it, but i never think of it while im racing.

Dont worry about powershifting, we have a pretty tough car...Just dont do it all the time. I would never do it on the street unless i want to chirp fourth. More important then anything is to get the 60' down to 2.2 or 2.1 and you'll be doing good. To powershift, i hold the throttle about 1/2 way down when i push the clutch in and bang the next gear. I make sure the tach stays about 6k between shifts.
how the hell did you pull a 12.7 at 97.9? my buddy runs 96 mph and barely gets 14.3!!!

oh and I let off the gas long enough to shift and then romp on it again
but I shift pretty darn quickly

1 - 20 of 37 Posts