B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now I have Diamond Audio M3 6 1/2 comp in the front powered by JBL 180.2 amp which gives out 90wRMS x2 at 4ohm. I no longer have speakers in the back, I took them out when I added my Diamond Audio M6 12' sub. That sub is really kicking and my comps in the front are not able to hang with the new sub. Even though I only have one 12' sub it is very loud.

I loved the way my m3 sounded when I didnt have a sub but now its being drowned out. I need something with more power. What would you guys recommend? I am looking to spend no more than $250 for the speakers. I was thinking of the CDT that www.thezeb.com have on sale for about $150 but I dont know how they compare to my M3. I think they are around the same line but not sure.

Please recommend me some good speakers for around $250 and no Infinity speaker.

And also, do you think I should replace my speaker amp too or will the JBL do the job.

·
Registered
631 Posts
SuperAkuma said:
As of right now I have Diamond Audio M3 6 1/2 comp in the front powered by JBL 180.2 amp which gives out 90wRMS x2 at 4ohm. I no longer have speakers in the back, I took them out when I added my Diamond Audio M6 12' sub. That sub is really kicking and my comps in the front are not able to hang with the new sub. Even though I only have one 12' sub it is very loud.

I loved the way my m3 sounded when I didnt have a sub but now its being drowned out. I need something with more power. What would you guys recommend? I am looking to spend no more than $250 for the speakers. I was thinking of the CDT that www.thezeb.com have on sale for about $150 but I dont know how they compare to my M3. I think they are around the same line but not sure.

Please recommend me some good speakers for around $250 and no Infinity speaker.

And also, do you think I should replace my speaker amp too or will the JBL do the job.
focals, kodas ($350), i have polks, they sound damn good imo, alpine comp's...it all depends on how much power you want to run to them

from what it sounds like, your front stage amp cant keep up with the subs, try upgrading the amp first. push more power through these speakers, they might hold up. 90x2 isnt much. im going to be running ~ 250x2 to my front stage, with about ~550w to each sub.

*edit* if you want a REALLY good front stage amp, one that will keep up with damn near ANY sub setup you do, look into LinearPower ( www.LinearPower.com )...check the T03 series, 2.2HV
thats the amp im getting, mumra has/had one, 2001 SE#2, hell, someone just ordered one. adam (2001 SE#2) can testify how incredibly good this amp sounds. dont be turned off that it's rated as 12.5w X 2... when tested, its more like 250x2 :) its what we like to call a cheater amp :) (like adam's cadence...rated for 50w....puts out 1500w) -- and, its NOT $749, its about $380 shipped factory direct.

or, turn down the subs?

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
you'll have to increase the power instead of or in addition to a speaker swap to keep up with your sub if its overplaying your fronts most likely

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On my speaker amp I turned it up 1/2 way and my sub amp 1/4 up. On my alpine deck it goes up to 62 and I am only able turn it up to about 15-18 before the front speaker clip.

Yea the easy answer would be to just turn down the sub amp but the sub wont be kickin that hard.

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
1,121 Posts
Sounds like you main/speaker amp isn't setup properly if it is clipping at like 1/3 volume..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts