B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my car ran good last night--Everyone there was very surprised. I first ran by myself, then I beat a Stang GT by 1-2 car lengths(95 5-speed Convertible with mods. The guy was pissed. I beat a Monte SS by 4-5 car lengths(with a 300 lb. friend in the car-only time). My only loss was to a 94 Se-r, had him at 1/2 track and then he blew by me(found out he had nitrous after the race). This was my first time drag racing but it was only 10 bucks for "RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG" so I had to try it: it was a blast. I had quite a few guys make me open my hood to check for performance stuff, and all that was done was I removed the Air filter(STOCK) and ran 114 octane race gas(2.2 gallons race and 2 93 octane mobil). I really had a blast and there were plenty of cars slow enough for me to run but there were 130+ cars running last night and I only got in 4 runs.

If there are tracks around you I highly recommend running it was very casual and boy was it fun. I really screwed up 2 times getting over excited and spinning the hell out of the tires through first. Found that with the stock tires at 26lbs--optimal launch RPM is around 2500 and it hooks up well.

I posted my times here so you guys could see.
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/sentra/ddddd.bmp

I think I may start modding now if I find out JWT is definetly going to make a chip and Cams. I cant see spending the money if they don't, cause you aint gonna gain all that much.

2000 Sentra SE-5-speed with PP. (Stock)

PS. Was Sunshine Speedway in Pinellas Park, FL.

·
Registered
446 Posts
congratulations on your run! its always good to hear about more of our members taking a trip to the track. i took a look at some of my slips and have very roughly calculated your 1/4 time.

On my slip that actually recorded my 1/8th time I ran it in [email protected] which gave me a 15.8239. I estimate your 1/4 at around 16.2-.3 keep it up!

-iLL

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sweet!

That sounds like fun. Way to go on beating those guys. I sure would have been pissed if I'd been driving a 5.0 stick and gotten smoked in the 1/8.

Well, sounds like 28 pounds is the "magic" tire pressure for track day use.

·
Registered
816 Posts
sweeeeeeet. Start modding baby...start MODDING!!!!

Nice to know that SE's can hang with some of the Detroit big boys (but then again, brand new detroit big boys (Camaro SS, Firebird, Mustang GT) will eat us for breakfast lunch AND dinner)

·
Registered
816 Posts
oh, and I forgot to add, get new tires and you'll be able to shave at least another .3 sec off the 1/4 mile time. The stock Firestones are such sucky tires. With stickier rubber, you'll be able to launch at a higher RPM and still have traction. We gotta take advantage of our Limited Slip differentials ya know ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well its good to see Sentra people actually enjoying their cars. But sorry I gotta call BS on the lenghth of the mustang and monte kills. You may have beaten them but not buy that much even with grandma's drivin. It is really hard to pull 4-5 legths on a car in an eigth of a mile unless they are not racing you at all. Good job taken your car to the track, its all good.

G

·
Hey, my car kept up with a Camaro to the 1/8 mile. Sure, it was a late 70's model with no hood and half the body rusted away, but we were dead even none the less. :D :D

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the monte got really bad start, The stang i beat by a length. I really felt like they were just slow *** cars. Maybe the SS was having problems. Its hard to tell cause you get really bad tunnel vision and dont pay attention where the other cars are, I never saw either cars next to or in front of me. The NOS Sentra i never saw till half track and then he beat me by 1-2 lengths. Not bragging but my car was running damn fast(114 octane and no air filter). I don't know if it was the gas the temp or removal of filter.

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not saying you cant post wins but just keep a clear head when posting estimated lengths. I raced a few cars that I thought must have had problems or maybe the driver missed a shift. Like the first time I ran against my friend in his 200SE, he got me out of the hole, all the way thru 1st I did not gain, he chirpeped 2nd as did I, then in the middle of second I passed him rather quickly beat him by about 2 cars or so. Well its all good at least your at the track props.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts