B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of becoming more performance oriented lately, and partially deaf from my current setup, I have decided to make at least minor changes in my setup. I dont like the 100+ extra pounds in the trunk right now, and 2 O's are really too loud...... I have a few options.

Sell one sub, make a fiberglass box for the other sub, and run it off the tantrum 1200.1. Frontstage will stay the same.

Sell both subs. Get another single sub.

Sell both subs AND amp, and the M6 components. Run something like the Koda 8's or PL 7's in the rear deck, and power everything with a nice 4 channel, and the Kodas up front.

I listen to mostly metal/rock. My budget for any option is well, about what I can get by selling my stuff.
I am thinking I could get about these prices for each item
O's=$125 each=$250
Tantrum=$275
M6's=$150

IF I could get those prices that should be enough for the kodas, the 8's or PL's, and a 4 channel something.
I'm open to suuggestions. I am afraid with the no sub setup I will miss the bass. Bah.....Help. I need change.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
For $700 I just dont see you getting Koda 6.1 comps and a pair of Koda 8's... and still having enough to get a decent amp to put out the kind of power that those speakers are going to need. Like we talked about, you will really need a lot of power for those.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Sell one sub, save up a little, and get the kodas

Final setup will be one O running off the 1200.1, and the 600.4 bridged to the kodas.

300x2 to some 100rms comps, and 1400x1 to a ~600rms sub, sounds like heaven to me :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
2001 SE #2 said:
Sell one sub, save up a little, and get the kodas

Final setup will be one O running off the 1200.1, and the 600.4 bridged to the kodas.

300x2 to some 100rms comps, and 1400x1 to a ~600rms sub, sounds like heaven to me :)
LOL. I need to update my sig. I had the tantrum 600.4 on order. Sound domain pulled a travis on me. well, I ended up getting my money back after a while LOL. I am currently running a USX-2080. yeah....Shaaddup!

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
pulled a travis! muahahhaa. one time i pulled a dreamworkes and a travis at the same time, totally owned that *****.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
hahaha

alrighty then, sell one O and use the money to buy an amp for the front stage

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL. I just CHOPPED my dual box in half. Running one O series on the Tantrum. Its f*cking sick. The SQ seems so much better. The sub itself is so much more warm and pronounced. It gets as loud as when I had both running. I cant believe I ever toted around two of these things.

NOTE: There are tantrum 600's on Ebay, but they are "white" When I talked to PG a while back they said there was no such thing as awhite tantrum LOL.
I'm thinking about picking up the 500.2 when/if I sell the O OR the 400.4.

·
OT Whore
4,411 Posts
Wait a few days for a post saying "Up in Smoke" by Spec-V Freak :)

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL I'm not a total idiot.
It'll be fine. I am going to turn the gain down just a bit to be safe though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts