B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tryin to fix my car; I originally had the gear 1 incorrect ratio code I managed to fix that. I changed my transmission filter, I changed my fuel pump, changed my throttle position sensor, mass air flow sensor, ignition rotor. I am tryin to get my car back on the road. After I changed the throttle position sensor, changing my transmission filter and adding more transmission fluid; it started not going past 3000 rpms. That is when I changed my fuel pump assembly (just did that today) and it still won’t rev past 3000 rpms. I need help if someone can help me that’ll be much appreciated thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a mechanic and what he saying is 100% true I'm not looking at how he looking I'm looking at his knowledge.
I was also thinking too awhile back I got a code P0731; I added more transmission fluid to my car clear the code and it hasn’t shown back up. Do you think it is possible I need to replace my shift solenoid? If so do you think that’ll fix the issue?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am tryin to fix my car; I originally had the gear 1 incorrect ratio code I managed to fix that. I changed my transmission filter, I changed my fuel pump, changed my throttle position sensor, mass air flow sensor, ignition rotor. I am tryin to get my car back on the road. After I changed the throttle position sensor, changing my transmission filter and adding more transmission fluid; it started not going past 3000 rpms. That is when I changed my fuel pump assembly (just did that today) and it still won’t rev past 3000 rpms. I need help if someone can help me that’ll be much appreciated thank you!
1) What are the codes currently?
2) What brand are the items you replaced?
3) What is your MY, engine type, transmission type, model trim?
4) Upon performing your MAF replacement and TPS service, did you perform the throttle idle relearn? Its different depending on what type of the TB you have. Refer to the service manual.
5) How are your catalytic converters and by extension do you burn oil?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1) What are the codes currently?
2) What brand are the items you replaced?
3) What is your MY, engine type, transmission type, model trim?
4) Upon performing your MAF replacement and TPS service, did you perform the throttle idle relearn? Its different depending on what type of the TB you have. Refer to the service manual.
5) How are your catalytic converters and by extension do you burn oil?
What do you mean relearn the the throttle position sensor? And I haven’t had issues with my catalytic converter; but I haven’t looked into that either. The first code I got was P0731 incorrect gear 1 ratio. I then went through adding more transmission fluid and even changing the transmission filter and after I did that plus changing a solenoid by my driver side wheel the car was running fine then it started not wanting to rev past 3000 rpms

·
Registered
14 Posts
What do you mean relearn the the throttle position sensor? And I haven’t had issues with my catalytic converter; but I haven’t looked into that either. The first code I got was P0731 incorrect gear 1 ratio. I then went through adding more transmission fluid and even changing the transmission filter and after I did that plus changing a solenoid by my driver side wheel the car was running fine then it started not wanting to rev past 3000 rpms
Late but for completeness.
Maxing out at 3k, means the computer is operating in fail safe mode, and ignoring your MAF sensor readings. Either the MAF is non hitachi/OE and not working or the current sensor has failed. If you for instance unplug a bad maf the vehicle should run the exact same way. If a good sensor is unplugged, CEL pops up, the engine runs rough, and you get stuck at 3k typically. The FSM, has a complete set of how tos with simple tools. So refer to that.

Side note:
The Throttle body and associated components "forget" how to work properly when you dare to look at for this vintage of sentra. After cleaning, battery reset, whatever the case is, the easiest thing that one must see is what is the IDLE RPM in Park or Neutral according to the Factory service manual. For instance GXEs its 750-825 I believe.

In addition, check your ATF fluid level, even a small quantity mismatch and these things go to hell

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you elaborate please?
Hey I started going to school at NTI in Mooresville, NC and I talked to an instructor who used to do the Nissan advancement course and he still works for Nissan; I told showed him a video of what my car is doing and told him all the parts I replaced and he led me to the reveloutionary speed sensor. I already replaced that part however I didn’t replace it with an OEM part. He told me what’s going on with my car is that part right there. So I’m hoping when I get back to GA I’ll be able to get my car back on the road and driving again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts