B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't even fricken believe it! If I was pissed off about stuff before, it doesn't even compare to what the dealer and bodyshop did to me today!

As you probably know, my car had a paint adhesion problem on the front bumper. The paint was peeling off in an area. I was told BY THE DEALER that "The Bumper would be repainted under warranty." I thought this was a good solution to the problem. Well, they have had my car for 4 days. I go to pick it up this morning only to find out that they DIDN'T REPAINT THE WHOLE BUMPER. They only repainted a 2"X10" piece of the bumper. What's more, they didn't even take the bumper off the car to do it!!! They just masked off the car, and sprayed the car with the bumper in place!!!! There was masking tape that I found on the underside of the fenderwell. They didn't even bother to wash the dirt and bugs off the remainder of the bumper! Obviously, there is NO WAY they could have baked the finish.

I Can't fricken believe it. It is beyond me how they thought I would be satisfied with such a low level of workmanship!!! I told the service writer to his face that I was pissed off. The only other thing I can do is call and complain to the Service Manager and the General Manager of the dealership. I will not accept such shoddy work on my brand new car!!

Can't ANYTHING go right with me and this car??? Geesus, it is just one thing after another.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I was under the impression that dealers were
reimbursed by the automobile manufacturer for warranty work. That is why you'll catch them using third party parts instead of OEM parts, since they pocket the difference in price.

If they are reimbursed for labor, you'd think they would want to do the job correctly.

I can't believe they didn't wash your entire car, rather than risk getting debris into
the new paint, even if it was a small area.

It sure is a pain in the *** trying to get
anything done right these days. Especially
warranty work by dealers.

Let 'em have it Max!

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI - Still waiting
Stromung cat. back - This weekend
Kenwood KFC-1738Cs
Gas cap holder

·
Registered
52 Posts
You dont have to put up with that [email protected]#. I am pissed just to hear they did that at the DEALERSHIP...you NEED TO FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT AT NISSAN CONSUMER AFFAIRS THE NUMBER IS 1-800-647-7261 trust me your car will be fixed correctly and they will treat you like royality after NISSAN CONSUMER AFFAIRS investagates that dealership. I had to call consumer affairs in regards to several problems I have had, Now they kiss my *** when ever I have to go to that dealer. Get names & times..TRUST ME IT WILL GET TAKEN CARE OF!

GOOD LUCK

[This message has been edited by whozdatgryl (edited April 26, 2001).]

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thats b.s bro. You need to talk to who ever you talked to's BOSS and tell them about this. And no you do not have to go complain to anyone else. If its under warranty the whole bumper should have been painted as one piece. just remember that your the customer and you ARE ALWAYS RIGHT! Just remember that. And if that guy can't help you, talk to his boss.. so on.. Because you just need to follow the chain of command and you will get what you need. Trust me I have delt with nissan many time. So many that they know me by name and no that something is going to happen right when i open that Parts dept. Door.

------------------
99' SE 2.0

Your boy got a what?

I got something you can v-tec!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had some choice words with the Service Manager of the dealership this morning. He is going to look into the matter to determine what, if anything can be done. He is trying to claim that Nissan will only repaint the defective area, not the whole bumper. I don't believe that is true. What I was told by the service writer and the body shop that did the work contradicts that. I think they just tried to do half *** work to save money, or pocket the additional money from Nissan. I am not gonna stand for this though. I'll just have to wait for the Service manager to call me back. I can say that this is TOTAL B.S. though. The Job wasn't even remotely done right.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
Registered
119 Posts
You actually have a really strong caswe against them. Every body shop knows the only correct way to paint a panel is to repaint the whole panel. This job sounsd like ones they would do for old cars headed for the used lot. This is not a paint job that belongs on a brand new car under warranty. A warranty means restoring the car back to original factory condition. That paint job is absolutely unacceptable. If you have a lawyer friend, it is always nice to have them write a mean letter to the company. It usually lets them know you are serious about nopt letting them get away with crap.

------------------
rschauby

2001 Sentra SE w/PP auto (radium)
FOR SALE!
I want the new SE-R!

·
Registered
52 Posts
That is BS I recently got my entire rear bumper repainted at the dealer, they gave me a life time warrenty and treated me good.

IF you call that number I listed the CORP headquarters will step in and make sure you get treated fairly, they will redo the work and give you a warrenty, dont let them walk over you, so if the service manager keep blowing you off CALL.

If you dont want to call tell the Service Manager you called there consumer affairs line and filed a complaint. HE WILL REDO !!

·
Registered
940 Posts
i have an avalance(white) sentra se. my rear bumper was discolored, as well as the side view mirrors. my dealer repainted eveything immediately. no hassle!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was at a mall today, I saw this Radium Sentra SE Sport... looks sweet.
But There were tons of stone chips on the bumper... ****, you're right... that paint on the bumper is crappy.
This is one reason why I am changing my mind about the sentra... the other reason is msot of you complain about a rattle sound from the front, weird noise from the back, and leaky stuff...
That paint thing is a biggy. Even if they repaint it, it's gonna chip, and chip and chip... until I have so much paint on that bumper that when I chip it it... all I'm gonna see is another layer of paint.
If Nissan Canada doesn't feel like fixing my car's problem (I usually complain about every little thing that is not right during my warranty period)... I'll be complaining to everyone... :)
I'm pissed off reading this stuff from Maxx.
It's like visiting my Honda dealer (trust me... it's bad... but they ahve soo much business, they don't care)

------------------
Jay
1997 Honda Prelude Type S
Getting a Sentra SE Sport soon! 2 more months

·
Registered
92 Posts
sorry to hear that max
we have had 3 Nissans in our family so far and one of them had everything go wrong at 50k miles but never had any service problems like that
good luck with your car

------------------
FocalJet.com
TEAM Mid-Atlantic
Find me on the jet as: focalBlur
waiting for the SE-R
I Love Nissans
Drive a focus
AIM:roninsage007

·
Still Faster Then You...
1,465 Posts
I feel you man i have had alot of problems with the dealership too. i love the car but i hate the service it took 5 weeks to get my vavles, and it royally sucks not having i called 1-800-nissan-1 and they helped me out a little and got me the vavles 4 days after i called. i wish i would have called earlier i hope to have my car back next week, hopefully post some low 14s maybe break the 13s

·
Registered
23 Posts
Ugh... I took my car in for a bunch of minor build problems well over a month ago: My hood was misaligned and rattling, they fixed that (it doesn't rattle, but it's still misaligned). My A/C control knobs didn't click on the control pictures (you had to turn it past where it was supposed to be and then turn it back- they fixed that), the gearshift knob was turned too far clockwise (they fixed that, and I'm dying to know how they did it- cause it's still impossible to turn), tachometer sticker (white) is peeling off from the bottom, front license plate holes were drilled at different heights (they modified the plate holder), and white flakes of 'stuff' continuously comes out of the AC vents.

They fixed everything execpt the 'stuff' coming out of the vents and the tach. I call every week and they keep telling me that the parts are on order (new sticker for the tach, and new heater core)... Now all four of my interior door handles are buzzing and they're driving me nuts- and the dealer won't take my car to fix them until they've got the stuff that's on order, so they can do everything at once!! Arrgh! AND I'M GOING ON A TWO WEEK ROAD TRIP THIS WEEKEND!

Sorry. I'm just frustrated!

Another frustration with this same dealer: I walked in there this weekend to pick up some touch-up paint (looks like a shopping cart 'tapped' me) and I was told that I needed to order it... it would take up to 14 days to get, even though they clearly had a rack full of them! 'For display only' I'm told. WTF?! I don't understand...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts