B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I totalled my sentra. I got all of my money back, so it is just a matter of purchasing anew one. I paid 14,700 for my previous sentra. I went to buy another one (same model and options) and they want to charge me 15,200!!

What kind of crap is this? I want to purchase the SAME EXACT car, and they want to charge me $500 more, just because it is five months later?? What do you guys think of this situation. Any thoughts/comments are welcomed, no matter how rediculous!

BTW, it is a 2001 Sentra SE w/ PP 5-spd. first one was Jade, this one is Charcoal.

·
Former Boosted B15
1,652 Posts
What you should do is get it in September!... the dealers have to pay taxes on all the cars by October, so you will save huge $$$$ if you buy at end of sept. Trust me!

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
I think the demand for the cars is increasing beyond supply again, thereby pushing the prices back up. In the first 7 months I had my car, only one other Sentra was in my area, a GXE. In the last 2 months, I am now seeing a 4-6 on the roads.

Good luck on the $500, but I bet someone else would pay more than $15200 for it.

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Y2K SE said:
I think the demand for the cars is increasing beyond supply again, thereby pushing the prices back up. In the first 7 months I had my car, only one other Sentra was in my area, a GXE. In the last 2 months, I am now seeing a 4-6 on the roads.

Good luck on the $500, but I bet someone else would pay more than $15200 for it.
Agreed. You know how many b15s I see rolling around these days?? I used to think I was unique... now I'm starting to feel like I drive a Civic again.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got my new sentra. It's a 5-sp charcoal SE with PP. It's exactly like my pervious one, except for the color.

I paid 14,700 after all. I pick it up on Monday!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts