B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how sux nissan paint are, damn bird shyt on my car about 5 or 6 different spots, i wash my car within 2 hours after got shyt on and every single freaking spot burned my paint, you can see all the burn mark on the hood every where. I am so pissed right now that thing look ugly now. What can i do to repair it? Anyone know how much will be cost if i want to paint the whole car in different color?

·
200,000?
1,448 Posts
blame the toxic food they're eating. ;) sorry.

but in all honesty, the Nissan paint has never been extremely strong or 'quality'. as everyone has mentioned, the infamous orange peel has affected many a nissan lately.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
i hate my paint
thank god for the new body kit and the paint ill be getting for it soon!
my front, sides and rear are beat to death with rock chips!

think is, i have noticed that every honda ive seen whether taken care of or not has harldy any rock chips... or gm vehicle for that matter! what gives?

·
Banned
2,745 Posts
that not that bad. last summer i had just finished washing the car, and it was one of those 2hr long car washes that you slave over and feel soo damn good when your done. not 20 minutes later i go out to my car, and 1 bird shat from the hood to the spoiler in almost a straight line. it started at the end of my hood, hit 3 times there, then twice on my windshield, 4 times on my roof and 2 times on the back window/spoiler. after that i gave up and when to a carwash and got a wash for 10 bucks. i'm glad to be going back to the dorms, at least there isn't the bird problem there.....

·
oil leaks blow
2,389 Posts
I park under about 6 trees at my house. There must be a flock of doves living there, because everyday I go out to find at least 10-12 bird shats on my freakin' car

Time to invest in a new air rifle :)

·
Registered
145 Posts
I dont have a problem w/ birds crapping on my car, its when they fly in front of me and i hit them, or almost hit them, then i get pissed, birds are such dumbarses!

I'v hit one this summer it hit the windshield, then the ground, but no damage.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I just noticed today when I was washing my car that inside the passenger side front door sill area I have rust starting where apparently dirt had gotten on the rubber door seal and has rubbed right through the thin a.s.s. paint and into the metal.
I'm going to talk to Nissan about painting that sill to put a stop to it or I'll just tape it off and fix it my damn self!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
i dont have a problem with birds either, my problem is every time i wax my car i find a new scratch, a new ding, a new place where the paints been skinned off, its like no matter how good you try and take care of your vehicle something new happens. first night i got the car i woke up to find a cat sleeping on my hood, i go to knock the **** out of him and when i hit him he slides down my car with his claws out.. i hate life

·
Registered
427 Posts
i think that my spec v was the worste. The hood, both fenders, doors (both front) and about 80% of my rear deck had burn marks in the paint. I sent pictures in, went to nissan, everything i could without a lawyer and still nothing was done to help me. Nissan paint is even worse than a kia's paint job. THats just plan sad. You know what sux even more, my silver 350z that i just bought has a mark on the hood also. I made them take a grand off the car just for that since i already half to have it painted.
Try waxing it to cover it up, when the sun hits it you can't do anything about it but at least when its in the shade or cloudy out you wont notice it. :mad:

·
Registered
74 Posts
sad.. nissan is supposed to be one of the "BIG 3" in quality import vehicles along with toyota and honda.. i don't think we are completely alone because my girlfriend has a 2003 toyota corolla with hella paint chips all over her hood. My mom has a 2003 altima, even her paint is terrible, so far the best paint i've seen on a nissan was on my dad's 2004 Nissan Maxima.. his paint is that of complete perfection. On a lighter note, i bought my spec v with 13 miles on it, I got it and the same day I went to go pick it up that evening, whats great is the salesman guy was pulling my car up to me and my mom and my dad, they had just got done detailing it, it looked so great, so he pulls up right , and he parks sorta close to a pole, opens up my door realaly hard and WHAM! we all hear it i go look by the door and theres a fu(k1ng huge ding in my door with red paint from the pole.. he's like "oh sorry bud! well here's your brand new car!" .. got luck?

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
eric_specV said:
sad.. nissan is supposed to be one of the "BIG 3" in quality import vehicles along with toyota and honda.. i don't think we are completely alone because my girlfriend has a 2003 toyota corolla with hella paint chips all over her hood. My mom has a 2003 altima, even her paint is terrible, so far the best paint i've seen on a nissan was on my dad's 2004 Nissan Maxima.. his paint is that of complete perfection. On a lighter note, i bought my spec v with 13 miles on it, I got it and the same day I went to go pick it up that evening, whats great is the salesman guy was pulling my car up to me and my mom and my dad, they had just got done detailing it, it looked so great, so he pulls up right , and he parks sorta close to a pole, opens up my door realaly hard and WHAM! we all hear it i go look by the door and theres a fu(k1ng huge ding in my door with red paint from the pole.. he's like "oh sorry bud! well here's your brand new car!" .. got luck?

OMG :eek:

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
eric_specV said:
first night i got the car i woke up to find a cat sleeping on my hood, i go to knock the **** out of him and when i hit him he slides down my car with his claws out.. i hate life
ROTFLMFAO!!!!! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune bro but that was funny, especially what you said at the end :D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
eric_specV said:
On a lighter note, i bought my spec v with 13 miles on it, I got it and the same day I went to go pick it up that evening, whats great is the salesman guy was pulling my car up to me and my mom and my dad, they had just got done detailing it, it looked so great, so he pulls up right , and he parks sorta close to a pole, opens up my door realaly hard and WHAM! we all hear it i go look by the door and theres a fu(k1ng huge ding in my door with red paint from the pole.. he's like "oh sorry bud! well here's your brand new car!" .. got luck?
I'd slam the assswipe's face into the pole after seeing that. :mad: I hope you got the dumbfcuk to fix it for free...

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
eric_specV said:
whats great is the salesman guy was pulling my car up to me and my mom and my dad, they had just got done detailing it, it looked so great, so he pulls up right , and he parks sorta close to a pole, opens up my door realaly hard and WHAM! we all hear it i go look by the door and theres a fu(k1ng huge ding in my door with red paint from the pole.. he's like "oh sorry bud! well here's your brand new car!" .. got luck?
I would've punched him in his face and then told him, "That's not my car"

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
dualmax said:
I can't believe how sux nissan paint are, damn bird shyt on my car about 5 or 6 different spots, i wash my car within 2 hours after got shyt on and every single freaking spot burned my paint, you can see all the burn mark on the hood every where. I am so pissed right now that thing look ugly now. What can i do to repair it? Anyone know how much will be cost if i want to paint the whole car in different color?
I carry a box of baby wipes in my car. Everytime I see bird shlt on my car I simply wipe it off before it permeates and ruins the paint.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
SilverBullit said:
I carry a box of baby wipes in my car. Everytime I see bird shlt on my car I simply wipe it off before it permeates and ruins the paint.
I usually will keep some napkins in my glovebox and use one to wipe it off if it's fresh enough, if not then hey..hock one up and start scrubbin! If I don't have any napkins I'll stop at a gas station or restaurant and get some. I have been known to flick it off with my finger out of haste and being upset that it's their in the first place!!
:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts