B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WoooHoooo Just put down $1700 trade and signed the papers on a new '01 Black SE w/performance package and automatic transmission (too much city driving to contend with the standard).

Got the car for $15,149 out the door (after tax and trade).

Can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday.

E

------------------

[This message has been edited by EKierce (edited February 10, 2001).]

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you'll love the car. I also got the auto, although didn't get the pp. I have only 400 miles on mine. I can't really determine what the performance will be. I have been close to 4000 rpm though and it just seemed that it was seriously coming to life. I know manual would be a lot more fun, but wife would not tolerate two 5 speeds in the household. Other is a '94 Toyota (gulp!!) 4WD pick-up. Oh BTW if your "service engine soon" light comes on and stays on, although it quite likely will be you have not tightened the gas cap properly (I hear 3 clicks is required) take it seriously. Mine is in the shop for a new torque converter and transmission. (going on 10 days and counting-damn:mad
. Anyway welcome to the board and as others have said: Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Later
Al

------------------
Plain Jane Cappuccino SE
with Auto

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm headed to the automatic too. I drove a Radium SE 5-spd today and fell in love. However, my 96 Toyota pickup is a stick, and the wife allows only one of those in the family.

------------------
I wish my garage included '67 Toyota 2000GT, several years of 240Zs, my crunched '85 Supra, the last Supra and 300ZX Turbos, Lotus Elise, and my first, a '79 Celica GT.

·
Registered Loser
6,883 Posts
Welcome to the board! Man, I sure did get ripped off buying my car. I don't think anyone else paid over $17k out the door, did they?

There's a lot of knowledgable people on this board, so feel free to pick our brains! Take care, and drive safe.

------------------
Marvin
-2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 Spd, Avalanche
Future mods:pR CAI, Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust System
-Previous Owner 1995 Sentra GXE, w/mods, Auto, Maroon

·
Registered
35 Posts
This is one area where I feel for you Americans. Here the full MSRP for 2001 SE Sport with Performance Package 5 sp. is the equivalent of 15,300. $16,000 US for Auto.
And in some cases you could bargain down from there.

I paid $15,430 US but got an overly generous trade-in value, no cash down, and low interest rate financing with document fees waived. Since our trade-in value reduces the sales tax payable, I didn't mind too much.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE+PP 5 speed Canadian model

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EKierce:
WoooHoooo Just put down $1700 trade and signed the papers on a new '01 Black SE w/performance package and automatic transmission (too much city driving to contend with the standard).

Got the car for $15,149 out the door (after tax and trade).

Can't wait to pick it up on Tuesday.

E

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Welcome to the boards bro it's good to see someone else in the new england area there's only a few of us.....but you'll enjoy your car and like mr sentra has said feel free to ask any questions you have someone will answer your question...

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Super Moderator
8,869 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Original Mr Sentra:
Welcome to the board! Man, I sure did get ripped off buying my car. I don't think anyone else paid over $17k out the door, did they?

There's a lot of knowledgable people on this board, so feel free to pick our brains! Take care, and drive safe.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I paid exactly $17k, if that makes you feel any better. Sticker was $18350. I think after taxes and stuff I was right under the original sticker.

------------------
2000 SE w/ PP auto in Heatwave

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, for all those that feel like they got high prices . . . I guess it all depends on where you go. . .

I bought it at Quirk Nissan in Braintree, MA . . . not too sure how their service department is yet, hopefully I won't have to find out any time soon

Anyway, the salesman was a little worried when he came up and told me "We can only give you $1,500 for your trade" and I said "NO", grabbed all my papers that I had with me and headed for the door. Of course, he caught me on the way out and said "we can work something out". I ended up getting $1700 for my old '94 Sentra XE (which was beat to hell and need about $1,200 worth of body work), and only paid $100 over invoice for the new one.

This is the first time I ever bought a new car where I was in the position of power. I didn't need it, and I was willing to walk out at anytime. So . . . I thought it worked out pretty well.

E

------------------

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Im hoping to pick up my 2001 Se with PP tomorrow. I am getting it for $17497 out the door. That is aboug $250 under the MSRP price. They ended up going up to $6000 trade for my 97 Civic Ex with 91,000 miles. So total I have to pay $11,497 which isn't too bad. BTW congrats on getting your new car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought mine at Rockingham Nissan in Salem, NH. I wanted ABS and every dealer in MA said no cars with ABS existed in New England, but Rockingham found one.

I paid about $500 over invoice ($16,700) for mine. Unfortunately, I wasn't in a good bargaining position given that out of many dealers I contacted only they could get the car and I was driving a rental costing me $30/day at the time.

------------------
2001 SE, 5sp, PP, ABS, SunRf, Black

·
Registered
16 Posts
ekierce...

today's the day! picked it up yet?

------------------
There before me was a pale horse.
Its rider was named Death, and
Hell was coming with him.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts