B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-First off let me ask that you please don't flame me on this on I'm not in a great mood right now.-

Well I was driving back to school from denver when I came into Fort Colins, CO. I was in the right lane and I saw an open parking spot in the middle of the road so I looked and didn't see any one so I cut across to try to park when I got hit. The blow spun my car about 90 degrese where I came to a stop. I'm ok and so is the other guy but my front bumper, left head light, left front fender, and my front left suspension is all messed up. To give you an idea we had trouble pushing it off the road cause the camber was so f__ked up. And on top of all that the cops gave me a ticket for unsafe lane change which is my third so I might loose my licence. This has not been a good day week or month for me. This is my first accident that I was the driver so I'm still pretty shocked and really soar. I just hope I can get this fixed soon and for not a lot of money.

PS any body guys out there if you could give me a rough estimet just by what I have stated above whould really be a great help so I'm not so shocked when I get the bill.

·
Registered
184 Posts
no....

but my speeding ticket was $300, just went to court like 3 days ago. Pretty trippy experience. Anyways, at least ur ok. What u did was stupid, but ppl do dumber things everyday.

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
Shitty man, sorry to hear that, Got any pics of the damage I didn't see any on your cardomain page. I hope ya don't loose mur license.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the same type of accident and it is going to cast me 7000 dollars just as an FYI. good luck man

I will e-mail you pics if you want

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i got some good news and some bad

The good news is the insurance company said I don't have to replace with OEM parts so I'm loking into getting a full body kit.

The Bad the guy that hit me now is claiming that he was severly hurt both phsyically and mentaly by the crash. But my insurance company is fighting it.

still no word on price or damage.

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
There was a parking spot in the middle of the road.....does this make any sense to anyone?

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
pugnex said:
There was a parking spot in the middle of the road.....does this make any sense to anyone?
Hahahah...parking spot....makes no sense to me.

Honestly, I'm not flaming you but it sounds like you weren't looking when you changed lanes...if thats what happened...I cant determine what happened cause you said you tried to park :confused: ?

Good luck.

·
2,687 Posts
pugnex said:
LOL I thought that was funny too but I think he just worded it wrong... :p

·
2,687 Posts
^^ Lol ^^

·
Registered
71 Posts
Actually in some parts of Philly they let you park right in the middle of the street at night. It's a wierd site to see.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Ugh man sorry to hear that. Look at my pics in my signature. That should show u what it looked like. I did that last saturday.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tough to come up with an estimate w/o pics, although what you seemed to describe seems like it'll run about 5 or 6,000 in that neighborhood (with OEM parts). The important thing is that you aren't seriously hurt or anything like that...

I know how it feels, just a couple months ago my friend had flipped my car up on it's side (stupid mistake by letting him drive it in the first place), and then he just took off like nothing...pretty ****ed up, but you get the idea. My repairs cost about 10G's for the entire front bumper, left control arm, replaced sheetmetal and a full paintjob...oddly they included some OEM rims in the repairs...

But anyways, like i said, the important thing is that you're alright...and hopefully you'll learn from your mistakes

·
Registered
869 Posts
My repairs are running me about 4k. Includes. New bumper, Headlights, fog lights. Hood, Radiator, impact bar, ( holds the bumper up in the front ) and some rounding out of the left fender. plus paint and labor...really sux and i wont have it back until the end of August...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just read all the post and to answer some of the ??'s yes I know it was my fault. No i didn't say it wrong there is actuly parking in the middle of the street. No I didn't see the guy and yes I looked

I should get the car back on monday good as new finnal cost roughly 3 grand. Now I just have to drive back there in Sep. to go to court for the ticket.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts