B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Man-Whore
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a huge music fan and don't want to spend a lot of money changing my speakers.

I want some though, that will be a good improvement over the stock speakers from my XE and that will be responsive to base.

I was told Sony X-Pods... or X-Plods... don't remember how to spell are a good deal for the $

What would you guys suggest?

I will be keeping the stock CD player for now...

·
Registered
774 Posts
I wouldn't go with Sony. I've heard bad things about sony car audio. I would go with a decent set of pioneers or kenwoods. They are usually pretty decent for the money. I have a set of sony speakers for my surround sound, not that this is related to car audio, but the sony speakers seem like they have more of a tingy sound. Almost metallic like. I've had pioneers in my old car and I couldn't complain. IMO stay away from sony and car audio.

·
Registered
127 Posts
sony amps/subs

There is this sale thats gonna go on this week at the navy exchange for a 200 watt amp - 800 max (XMD400P5) which comes with 2 12's (XSL1200B) for 149$ no tax. Would this be a good buy or just a waste of money?

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd save up and get what you want man. You pay for what you get. I learned the hard way. I bought an American Legacy set off ebay before I really knew about car audio for $180 for 1000W amp and two 700W subs. REally sucked. Amp stoped working after a year. So, it's up to you man. I think you should save up and get some nice stuff.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
fluid1 said:
Seriously, for a budget system, the Infiniti Basslink is exactly what you need. It is VERY simple to hook up, and take out. And it's not too $$$$, and you can run stock everything else with it.

Sony sucks balls.
Agreed on both counts. The Infinity Basslink is awesome with my mild setup, and I hate Sony stuff.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I know you said that you're keeping the stock CD player....

But I'd think you'd get a better result with a higher power, higher quality headunit and then upgrade your speakers.

Even your stock speakers can sound good on when pushed through a good head unit.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
fluid1 said:
Of course, then you'd be spending more than the price of the basslink, for a minimal gain. Either you stay small, or you go big. That's the only two sides, AFAIK. :)
very true, I thought I was going to stay small, but things started building and building and now I'm a car audio fanatic....

The basslink should be a good option for you, definately stay away from Sony....um infinity makes some nice speakers and their reference level is pretty affordable. I agree that you should get a new headunit first though

·
Is still alive and well?
1,403 Posts
Im not a big fan of sony speakers.. as far as components go.. but I also had some poineers, and those werent all that great either.. I have some front speakers that are alpine.. whatever their entry level coaxials were a year ago.. and they are great for a cheap all around speaker.. I have no complaints.. but I do have them attached to a non-stock HU.. .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts