B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oi. my life sucks. last night it was raining terribly, and i had to drive my friend home. i was quite nervous about the drive as he lives approx 12 miles away and his town is known for flooding streets.

i make the trip their and back with no ill effects, avoiding standing water the whole time. approx 1 block from my gf's house, i HAVE to go through a puddle, then boom. motor cuts off, i start punching the steering wheel and cursing (think i broke my finger) and all things suck.

anyone know the procedure to check to see if it is truly locked??

also, if it is locked (i pray it isn't, but there was at least 16 inches of standing water) anyone know where i can get a 96+ (must be 96+ jdm because of roller cams thati have ordered for my rr sentra se) jdm/ukdm sr20, or 2000-2002 roller rocker sr20? i'm looking to spend approx 600 bucks for the engine.

i almost wish this would have happened after i ordered cams, as i could have swapped in a 94-99 lowport and had a larger cam selection. my life sucks, and this post is pitiful.

but i digress. i NEED sources for a motor. any and all help would be greatly appreciated. reply post on this thread, PM me, even e-mail me at [email protected]. this is my daily driver and i really need to get my baby running again.

TIA. peace...

Geoff

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
Does the motor crank?? I doubt if it is "locked". I realy don't think thats possible.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no crank. doesn't turn over at all. i didn't mean "locked" as in lock and key. i meant hydrolocked. probably cracked some pistons or something :(

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Clout said:
Pull your spark plugs and crank the motor.
you might want to remove the fuse for your fuel pump before you do this too.. This will only add more fluid.

·
You guys are dangerous
837 Posts
My insurance covered mine.

That's why I have a 2003.5 :D

If it won't crank at all you are [email protected](ked. Thats what mine did. Sorry.
If you try to go through insurance, go back to stock to avoid any hassles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts