B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car is a 2002 Spec V. 37k on it.

Well to make a long story short... I have had several problems with my car, especially on cold start, were the motor would ping and sound like an old Chevy for a few seconds and then come back to normal idle.

I took the car to the stealership. They concluded that it was my ECU and that my car was backfiring through the intake. They then had the nerve to tell me that because my car has a modified exhaust, HotShot header and cat back - stock secondary cat still there, that they cannot fix my problem. Now I went ahead and asked, thinking that it is a warranty issue (which we all know is bs if they said it was a warrantee issue), instead I was told that they cannot program the ECU without the stock CAT in place because it does not read right. – Kind of weird I think.

I left the dealership with this problem and nothing fixed. About two blocks later my service engine light comes on at a red light. Within seconds my idle lops up and I feel a nice repetitive thumping vibration. This was followed by my temp gauge going to H.

I managed to get my car to a safe spot were it sits and waits to be picked up by a tow truck.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions to what this is all about and what you think I should do please let me know.

Oh and just to fill in this thought... last week I filled up at a cali gas station (shell to be exact) I put 91 in my car but after leaving I could of sworn that my car was running funny as if a lower octane was put in, or watered down gas.

The ugly starts, mentioned above, happened before this fill up but the problems WHILE driving only started to happen after. With in a few days the problem became so bad that I took it to the dealership. I have contacted Shell and they want any work orders to prove that damage may have been done.

But as you can see, IMO, the dealership rather make money of me by trying to get me back to stock and buying the parts rather then really trying to find out what the problem is.

This is the 10th or 11th time I have been to this dealership now. Every time I am sent away and every time I come back again with a bigger problem related to the last which is finally fixed and the cycle starts again.

AAANND this is my 3rd Nissan dealership. This is my last and final stance with this car and Nissan-California. I really have had enough of the run arounds.

·
Registered
4,958 Posts
Sounds like diwun67's problem with the headgasket.. he also ended up having a nick in one of the cylinder walls up by the gasket causing small amounts of coolant and oil to go in to the motor

put the stock header back on the car and find another stealership :(

·
Engaged! :)
2,687 Posts
What I am doing now because Nissan has fudged my car up so many times, I Take my car to my friends garage he does all the work and has a reciet that is stamped with his certification on it and then I bring the bill to Nissan and have them cover the cost under waranty, they give you your money back, the only thing is you have to pay for the labour to the other mechanic but all parts etc will be covered by nissan as long as they are a certified mechanic working on the car.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the help. I am towing the car back to the dealership today. If they continue to give me the run around then Jen at p`nissan im coming over to you. :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts