B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright heres my problem, i had a buddy of mine hook up RCA cables to go from my deck to my amp for the subs, when he finished we powered it on and it worked perfecly, then when i was leaving his house i turned my deck on and heared a load POP sound from my subs and i had nothing comin out of the subs. so then we fooled around with different RCA cables to see it that was the culprit but still nothin was commin outta subs, but eventually got bass again but the stupid thing still makes a loud *** pop noise and this only happens when i turn the power on directly from the deck not when i leave the deck on and just turn car on and off. also this only happens when theres RCA cables hooked up, we unplugged the RCA's and pop was not there??? need some of you audio gurus to help me

·
Registered
237 Posts
is it gounded properly? no other metal is touch the RCA contacts?

are you interiors hooked up to the head unit or to an amp? just checking

i would try the ground wire first though.

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
yeah I would check the headunit's ground first

·
True what?
1,632 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground to me. Either you grounded it to a bad location from the amp or you have a crappy ground at the HU. Also, where are you running the power wire and RCA's?

·
By Any Means Necessary
150 Posts
Yeah, I'm no expert or anything, but I was thinking ground. But could it also be that he might have his RCA wires, and his amp power wire so close together or something like that?

·
Registered
5,293 Posts
Grahf16 said:
But could it also be that he might have his RCA wires, and his amp power wire so close together or something like that?
that could cause a whine, but not a pop

and since it doesn't do it with the rcas unplugged, that means the problem is with the headunit or the rcas themselves.

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
guess ill have to check the ground, cause i dont think its the RCA's cause we tried a few different RCA's not just one set.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I would suggest that you ensure you have a good quality pair of RCA's that are not running with either the amps source power or the ignition power wires. You basically have to run the RCA's down one side of the car and the power wires down the other. Also insure you have a good clean ground wire. Scrap all paint leaving only bare metal were you ground connects to the car. Another thing ensure you ground wire is as short as possible. The shorter the better. Ensure all wiring is well connected and insulated and all should be good, if you have not caused any permanent damage! Good Luck!

E DUB!

·
www.gtasentra.net
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i have the RCA's run down the side of the car opposite to the other wires, gotta check grounds and stuff still

·
Registered
7 Posts
Let me know if that solves your problem. Also check and make sure you do not have any rips, holes, punctures or breaks in any of the wire insulation. I have had to re-wire cars so many times do to cheap/bad wiring or wiring in which the insulation has worn.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts