B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
King of OT
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching for this, but couldn't find anything comparing the two intakes. From what I understand, HS and PR both make bolt on no mods required CAI's for the qg18de, but which one is better. The HS is 2.5" which helps keep the low end torque but the PR is 3" so does that cause a loss of low end torque? This is important for me as I won't drag much, but am looking for more of a fun drive around the city car and low end power is important for me. Also, there are dyno numbers for the HS (haven't found a chart) but I can't find any for the PR, does anyone have dyno numbers for the PR CAI?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi
Check nissanperformancemag.com. The QG18 intake was developed on Keiths car. Ours bolts up with no mods, and the MAF adapter is CNC machined to fit perfectly on the stock maf.

John

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I would go with the HotShot Intake. Much better looking and I havent had any problems with mine. "Knock on wood" Only thing is that the B-Pipoe doesnt come with a bracket to attach the pipe to the inside fender to keep it from skakin like a hoola girl. one word though man HOTSHOT

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Of those 2 CAI's, I'd go PR.
Although I have an SE, I have the PR CAI which I chose over the HS because of small quality and fitment issues I've heard of with the HS.
I'm SUPER-happy with my PR. Neither come with a bracket to hold the CAI near the fender hole, so you should fab. something yourself. An 'L' bracket wedged under the battery tray and a 3" hose clamp, clamped around both the CAI and the 'L' bracket has worked great for me for 3 years so far!
As far as the low-end torque, I can't see losing much more with the 3" over the 2.5", as they're both monstrous compared to stock.
Either way, let us know which you chose and how you like it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts