B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a 12" audiobahn aw1200x sub with an 800 watt rockford fosgate amp and it sounds kinda good but my spoiler rattles like a b**ch! Can anyone give me an idea on how to fix this?

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
I don't know about yours but I got a rattle inside the trunk and I can't figure it out,,,,but it's annoying as hell....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah! I have that too! It's in the rear left side panel thing! I thought it was either rocks and dirt, or the spare tire. But anyhow, I really need to get that spoiler to stop rattlin' cuz its killa!

------------------
2001 Black Sentra SE with Performance Package, JWT pop cone intake, clear turn signal bulbs, razo carbon pedals, neon cable interior kit :eek:) CUSTOM grille
PICS - http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1587801&a=12376730&f=0&vt=vp

M

·
0 Posts
Dood...da ting is rattlin cause you gots da wrong spoilah on there! U Gots to get one of dem tree foot high Supra wings. Truss me, wen I put mine on, all da hoochie mamma's couldn't beleve I gotz all dis bass with NO RATTLEZ! I getz double da nookie now!

*ahem*

Man, I don't know about that one. Are you sure it is the spoiler, and not the trunk itself? Maybe you could just turn it down a little. :D

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Bad news is that it's very difficult to get plastic to stop rattling. The only option is to dynamat the whole trunk lid to prevent any air from getting to the mount for the spoiler. Problem is that if you want to change a bulb you're out of luck! Are you positive its the spoiler and not something else?
Hope this helps.

------------------
97 nissan 240 se, stock (for now) except for custom sounds.
01 nissan sentra se/pp, stock (my girl's car).

·
Registered
149 Posts
yeah you can dynamat you trunk or theres this spray on thing thats suppost to work way better then Dynamat but I forget the name oh well. But in both cases thats alot of work and hassels. you could try putting rubber padding under the spoiler mounts. it should help but won't stop the vibs. I did that to my altima and it seemed to help out alot

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

·
Registered
59 Posts
Knows whats more annoying than trunk rattling? When I'm driving my keys start to rattle and make this annonying clicking sound. I think i'm gonna dynomat my keys.

Maybe with the stereo up get out and put pressure with your hands on certain areas and see if the sound stops. That way you can find your problem before u end up spending a couple hundred dollars on insulation. JM2C

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com
"me n my baby"

·
Registered
311 Posts
That spray stuff is called Rockford Fosgate NoiseBlocker. I don't know how well it works, but it seems like it would be a pain to get painted on there.

------------------
Samo

If my FTP worked, there'd be a cool picture of my car here, but no, I have to go with a local service...

1994 Sentra E
"The Ghettoblaster"

Hit me up on AIM at Samo94Sentra!
Visit -> my site <- ! Be sure to add your car to the cool rides!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced my rear deck speakers with Planet Audio two ways and my trunk also rattled and found out it eas the rods that make the trunk lid stay open were rubbing with the magnet of my speakers due to clearance. My new speakers do have a bigger magnet than the factory ones but you may want to check that out...

·
Registered
149 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by samo:
That spray stuff is called Rockford Fosgate NoiseBlocker. I don't know how well it works, but it seems like it would be a pain to get painted on there.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah it is a pain!!! My friend owns a sound shop here in the islands and he used that stuff for his competition car. I gotta say that the stuff really works good. The sound came more clean and loud. But then again I dunno if I would spend the time and money on doing that for jus daily sounds. Competition Yes!!!!

------------------
B-15 SE, 17X7 Kosei Racing Senekas, Sumitomo HTRZ2. Kaizo Speed Gear

B

·
0 Posts
Heres a little cheap trick. I do this for all the cars I install in and you would be surprised how well it works.
Trunk lids, and yes I know there are exceptions...havent seen em yet...but Im sure there are, are spot welded onto the cross support beams. You know, when you pop the hood and look at the lid theres this big X. Well, sound causes resonance in metal, or vibration. When your sub/ speaker are/ is hitting at the right frequency range it causes those gaps in the welding to rub.
Now heres how to fix it. Go to your local hardware store and look for a Foam Filler. The kind with a long skinny application nozzle. Odds are you will have to flatten it a little more once you buy it. Get you a shop rag and a warm dry spot to do it and dont plan on going anywhere for the rest of the day. Stick the nozzle about halfway into the crossmember and spray till it starts to ooze out. It will expand and fill the piecce and those nasty gaps. Simple wipe away the excess and viola! your done. Very little weight addition and works wonders.

Now for those pesky plastic panels. Thats cheap and easy too. Get you some foam sheets no bigger than 1/4", usually available at your hardware store too, and some spray glue. Simple glue the foam to the back of the panel and pop back into place. Also works with Liscense plates.

Why spend hundreds for good sound when you can drop a $20 and it sound just as good? IASCA never knew the difference in my old car.....

Big Weyna

------------------
~~~I want a Carbon Fiber Hood and my friends call me Rice Boy. Why?~~~

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Hey I dunno about you guys, but without a modified speaker system and just the 180 watt system with SUB that comes with the Luxury package, I had rattlin under the drivers side rear speaker panel. It was just cuz the subwoofer is so close to that speaker that that panel has to handle both the speaker AND the sub poundin away while the passenger side only has to handle the speaker.

I easily remedied this by stuffing packing foam from inside the trunk under the speaker panel where the other insulation was located. Get a lot more bass without rattlin now.

But now I wanna get a couple 10 or 12 inch subs... anyone know if I have to replace the stock amp? Or can I go without replacing it and still get a SIGNIFICANT bass improvement?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i also had a rattle coming from the back...i found out that it was the the speaker cover under the child safety belt cover thing....when u slide the cover off theres the metal clip thing and all you do is take a piece of rubber and put it between the metal clip and the speaker cover (on the rear window side)...and that should stop the rattle...sorry if this doesnt make sense..its about midnight and i cant think....hope this helps

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey, Alex, I did the same thing as you (stuffing foam under the panel. This is a quick fix if you don't feel like taking anything apart. On my 200SX I actually took out the whole rear deck panel and cut out a foam pad to fit perfectly on the backside of it. It worked awesome. All you need to do is take off the rear decklid panel and use it as a template on a peice of foam about quarter inch thick. Make sure to cut out speaker openings and just push the foam down on the fastening clips and they should just punch through the foam. You guys with subs may think this may decrease your sub output but it actually helps filter and clean it up. The reason I hesitate from doing this on my new sentra is cuz I have a hard time getting the rear pillar panels off without breaking the rear window defroster connections (happened on my 200SX). Anyone broken theirs yet?

·
Registered
37 Posts
has anyone figured out how to stop that rattle coming from the rear left side thats the only rattle i have besides the little metal piece on my sunroof if someone knows please make some kind of suggestions besides dynamat thanks

·
Registered
61 Posts
me too!

i have this problem too =( . i can hear it over certain bumps and sometimes when the trunk lid is closed. I tried tightening the spoiler bolts to no avail... Can't seem to isolate it! It's coming from the rear left area of the trunk...

·
Registered
213 Posts
get minimizing foam but if you don't wanna chance messin up go with some of the bass cotton or w/e or just reg pillow and stuff it tahts what i did when my trunk was rattling and it doesn't anymore

·
Registered
213 Posts
AND DON'T GET THE BIG WINGS THEY ARE TACKY still with the 4 to 6 inch range they look the best just try some stuff that you could like remove but be careful with the foam still i'd try something like cotton just pack it REAL tight n cover up the hole with something it works

·
Registered
713 Posts
on my car...the key lock for the trunk rattled. I didn't pout much thought in how to tighten it, so I just put a small piece of cardboard on the inside to support it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts