B15 Sentra Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
For this part I think not. The price you pay at the dealer is mostly just for insurance companies. There is a 2 year warranty from Duralast and if this part fails the car does not stop running or explode. ;)
Haha, exploding car would not be pretty. Thanks for clarifying this for me. I'm going to get the part ASAP, I hope it fixes my problems. I'm tired of the sporadic changes in engine speed. Not to mention last night my tach went to zero and got a check engine light. :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Appreciate the write up. Just finished replacing mine. It was a pain in the *** attempting it from the top so I went underneath and it was a breeze. Thanks again dude.:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks!

Thank you for saving me $$ by showing me this. I avoided paying for a mechanic. $30 for a new CPS and a cut on my hand later I am up and running again! Thanks!

I did struggle to pull the CPS from the engine after taking out the bolt. I resolved this by turning the CPS, and putting an allen wrench through the bolt hole for more leverage. It came right out after that!

You probably saved me $80 and a long drive...

·
Registered
2 Posts
hmmm

so i just changed my crank position sensor on my 2002 sentra spec v. the old one was never replaced. i had a hell of a time getting the old one out, but when i went to put in the new one, it went in real smooth ... almost TOO smooth. i got it from autozone for the 2.5L engine. is this how easy it is supposed to go on, or should i be worried?. i did crank the car up and it started right up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello hello b15.net been a LONG time. I just replaced my ckp sensor today. Two things tho, the new replacement from autozone did not sit flush against the block, it was impossible to push that thick gasket through. Either way it's in 10 mil bolt is in and tight and no oil leaking from sensor port. I'd like opinions on this. Fired the car up runs smooth feels smoother BUT here's part two, the dam cel light I erased with a scan tool came right back after new sensor was put in. What does that mean? The car is driving smooth no weird noises or leaks only symptom is long start due too fuel pump issue since day one.

Car is 2005 spec v with 110,000miles

Help if you can

61 - 66 of 66 Posts