B15 Sentra Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
geezinondowntheroad
8,005 Posts
OVOleg said:
i got the P0335 code which is for CKP and also a cylinder misfire code? wtf?

I am having it delivered to Nissan to see wasup, I hope its not bad :(
Dude, if the car doesn't know where a cylinder is at in its four stroke cycle (crankpositionsensor brainfart) , it might not know when to fire the sparkplug, which would probably result in a misfire & the related error code. Just saying I wouldn't freak tooo bad. Just do the R&R & clear the codes to see if it happens again, eh?

·
powershifting through 6th
1,942 Posts
orangelloSE-R said:
Dude, if the car doesn't know where a cylinder is at in its four stroke cycle (crankpositionsensor brainfart) , it might not know when to fire the sparkplug, which would probably result in a misfire & the related error code. Just saying I wouldn't freak tooo bad. Just do the R&R & clear the codes to see if it happens again, eh?
check this out and see if you can help me ? thanks bro
http://www.b15sentra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=166206

im worried :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does this effect the 2.0 sr20de version of the sentra as well? My car randomly turns off here and there, and if I shift to neutral to coast from highway speeds, it stalls (it's an automatic not a stick)

also hard to start sometimes. I'm not sure what's up with my car!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Here's my experience trying to acquire this sensor...

Dealer price = over $50, I told them I refused to pay that much and referenced the part cost elsewhere. $44 is the lowest they would go. I walked.

Nissan OEM via various online sources = $33 actual price + shipping. Also showed the $44 MSRP that the dealer was obviously using.

Advance Auto = didn't have the part, couldn't confirm sensor version (plastic vs metal.) According to the part pic in their database, it is plastic.

Autozone = $22.97 (+tax ) at the location I purchased. It was $29 at another location or online. Note that their database/online shows the old plastic version, but the box contained the new metal style. It even included a note in the box about this:
As the result of an OEM part supersession, the appearance of this sensor may differ from the part removed from the engine. The connector on the new sensor design is rotated 180 degrees from the original design and the housing is round compared to the original flat design. Use this sensor with confidence.
Duralast part # SU6364

Autozone sensor it is. Still not happy about this situation... Nissan should stand behind their product and fix the root cause of the problem... not band-aid the PCM code.

·
Carrrrrne asada
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
canx2k said:
Does this effect the 2.0 sr20de version of the sentra as well? My car randomly turns off here and there, and if I shift to neutral to coast from highway speeds, it stalls (it's an automatic not a stick)

also hard to start sometimes. I'm not sure what's up with my car!
From the recall that I read it only effects teh QRs

·
Registered
11 Posts
Great write up. Thanks. Took about 10 minutes to install the new sensor. If you reach in from the drivers side fender it is pretty easy. I did not have to take off any of my cold air intake. Once the new sensor was installed, the ses light went off and i did not have to reset the code. Thanks again

·
Registered
30 Posts

Dealer price = over $50, I told them I refused to pay that much and referenced the part cost elsewhere. $44 is the lowest they would go. I walked.

Nissan OEM via various online sources = $33 actual price + shipping. Also showed the $44 MSRP that the dealer was obviously using.

Advance Auto = didn't have the part, couldn't confirm sensor version (plastic vs metal.) According to the part pic in their database, it is plastic.

Autozone = $22.97 (+tax ) at the location I purchased. It was $29 at another location or online. Note that their database/online shows the old plastic version, but the box contained the new metal style. It even included a note in the box about this:
Duralast part # SU6364

Autozone sensor it is. Still not happy about this situation... Nissan should stand behind their product and fix the root cause of the problem... not band-aid the PCM code.

That part number comes up as the Cam position sensor, not the crank position sensor. Should I replace both?

·
Carrrrrne asada
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
That part number comes up as the Cam position sensor, not the crank position sensor. Should I replace both?
They are the exact same sensor just used in different positions. If it aint broke dont fix it. The cam sensor is much easier to change than the crank sensor though. Make sure the new one has a metal shank.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They are the exact same sensor just used in different positions. If it aint broke dont fix it. The cam sensor is much easier to change than the crank sensor though. Make sure the new one has a metal shank.

Well, I figured while I have my car apart, I might as well change out things like that... It does have 140K miles on it... Should I not bother? I don't have a SES light, but my idle has been kind of erratic.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quick question so for the guys that have changed this have yall gone back to the dealership to do the reflash?
I'm guess also the crank sensor as well.

Also I got this done a while back by the dealership more then 24 months ago and they both just messed up again. I'm guessing it has the plastic was wondering with the recall and new metal shank if they would replace mine for free even if there lame 12 months warrnty is over?

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
I had the recall flash done. I wish I hadn't.

If they recalled your crank sensor and you're having the same issue so soon, it's at least worth asking if they're comp it for you.

If not it's a 35 dollar part and 10 minutes of your time. Same redesigned part from Advance Auto or Autozone, can't recall which.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Quick question so for the guys that have changed this have yall gone back to the dealership to do the reflash?
I'm guess also the crank sensor as well.

Also I got this done a while back by the dealership more then 24 months ago and they both just messed up again. I'm guessing it has the plastic was wondering with the recall and new metal shank if they would replace mine for free even if there lame 12 months warrnty is over?
Yes I got the reflash and no they did not replace the sensor. Call and find out.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Does anyone know the part number for the CPS? I want to see if Courtesy Parts carries this.

Mine is crapping out, or has already crapped out. My tach would periodically go to zero. The engine would also periodically get stuck at a certain RPM for a second or so, which is really dangerous specially when I'm coasting down or braking when in gear and it would suddenly lurch forward.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts

Duralast part # SU6364

Just go aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Sorry, meant to write OEM part number.

But, are there differences in quality between aftermarket and OEM? Or is it pretty much the same?
For this part I think not. The price you pay at the dealer is mostly just for insurance companies. There is a 2 year warranty from Duralast and if this part fails the car does not stop running or explode. ;)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts