B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found one at ToucanIndustries, but the fitting for the intake is 3 inches, and the OEM is 3 inches too.... Ho Ho...

Should I leave the cone filter inside the engine bay, and what should I do with the pipe coming out of the front right fender. There is a sensor (is it the MAF?) that I can see when looking inside that pipe.

What am I suppose to do?

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
What did you get in the kit???
Was it just the filter or did you also get and adapter of some sort,,,,let me know everything you got with it and then I can help you out......

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got one clamp, the filter and that's it that's all...

Just wondering what to do with the pipe and the the sensor in the pipe...

I'm wondering how to de-install the bronze part that is connected to the air intake with the flexible tube...

Am I gonna do any damage, because I want to be able to put it back, since my car is leased...

Thamks for your help!

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

[This message has been edited by guy_geo (edited April 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, my post should be in the performance section...... my mistake!

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter
Racing pedals

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guy_geo:
I found one at ToucanIndustries, but the fitting for the intake is 3 inches, and the OEM is 3 inches too.... Ho Ho...

Should I leave the cone filter inside the engine bay, and what should I do with the pipe coming out of the front right fender. There is a sensor (is it the MAF?) that I can see when looking inside that pipe.

What am I suppose to do?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As long as you can account for all the sensor hook ups when replacing stock with your setup, you should be okay. The pipe coming from the fenderwell does have a sensor. I would leave that right there. :) Make sure you don't remove any sensors.

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Deffinetly I wouldn't move any sensors at all you should be able to mount the pop-cone onto the MAF.....

------------------

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung Cat-Back,Place Racing CAI,and Painted Calipers & Rotors
***My Website***
**Car Pictures**

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I'm gonna work on this tonight!!!

------------------
Se Red Cajun
5speed
P/P
K'N filter