B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember seeing a thread a long time ago here or on sr20forum about how to get yellow off the outside of your headlamps. There was like a 3 part process to doing it and it made it look new. Does anyone know how to do this or have a link to the original thread?

·
Registered
155 Posts
umm... about 2 months ago. i had the same problem with my wife's taurus headlights. they get all yellow and stuff. well, anyways. i asked a guy at a advance auto store. they recommended to use mother's metal polish. it's a a white cream. comes in a tuna can size container. you rub it in and wait a couple of minutes. then you do it again, and again, untill desired results. it worked for me. i was VERY skeptical. but it figired.. ohh well. it isn't my car. :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Ill see what I can find out at the nearest auto store. Reason I ask is I just got my front driver headlight replaced and bumper replaced on my altima from an accident and now my passenger is yellow and the new one is nice n shiny. I dont feel like dropping $100 on another headlamp.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be the altima that is having the problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Get yourself Plastic polish. That will take off the haze off the plastic surface.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts