B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I really cannot decide which mod to buy, I think I may go with the AEBS header. The question is, will I benefit much from a header? Like on the ITR's they benefit none from a aftermarket header...how restrictive compared to aftermarket is ours?

-iLL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
the ITR's have almost no benefit from an aftermarket header because it already has an OEM 4-1 header, i think GS-R and engine swap Honda's look for ITR stock 4-1 headers for their cars because it's a good header. Ours sucks cuz it's a catalytic converter right after that shorty manifold... Our cars have two cats, so taking away the first one where exhaust velocity can be kept high should be a lot of gain.. probably even more than the B14 B13's with headers
 

·
Chesse Curd Connoisseur
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
Got a URL for AEBS?

Thanks.
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
iLLt3cK said:
Now I really cannot decide which mod to buy, I think I may go with the AEBS header. The question is, will I benefit much from a header? Like on the ITR's they benefit none from a aftermarket header...how restrictive compared to aftermarket is ours?

-iLL
Our headers are the most restrictive of most of our bolt on mods. The modification will give more gains than the CAI or Exhaust. All three of these make a killer combo. :) Definitely ask Josh (Darkside) what he thinks, I know he likes his Hotshot setup a lot. Much better pull. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
I've seen it mentioned as in the above post that our cars have two catalytic converters. Just out of curiosity, is the one just back of the header easily accessible. Would our cars pass carb certification, if the front catalytic converter was removed and replaced with a piece of pipe. I was wondering if the rear catalytic converter would pick up the slack, and still pass certification.Also would removal of the front cat cause any overheating problems,? Or perhaps some sort of back pressure issue. My mechanic who's been into juiceing up rigs for many years, says what he used to do was take a wooden handle from a broom stick and run it through the center of his cat replace it on his car and no one was the wiser. This was a few years back when there was no smog tests here in Oregon. Not that any of us would even vaguely consider doing such a thing. Just thought I'd mention it. Adios Amigos
 

·
Registered Loser
Joined
·
6,883 Posts
cap said:
I've seen it mentioned as in the above post that our cars have two catalytic converters. Just out of curiosity, is the one just back of the header easily accessible. Would our cars pass carb certification, if the front catalytic converter was removed and replaced with a piece of pipe. I was wondering if the rear catalytic converter would pick up the slack, and still pass certification.Also would removal of the front cat cause any overheating problems,? Or perhaps some sort of back pressure issue. My mechanic who's been into juiceing up rigs for many years, says what he used to do was take a wooden handle from a broom stick and run it through the center of his cat replace it on his car and no one was the wiser. This was a few years back when there was no smog tests here in Oregon. Not that any of us would even vaguely consider doing such a thing. Just thought I'd mention it. Adios Amigos
Hey cap, All Josh (darkside) did was relocate one of the 02 sensors to not get the check engine light. It, I believe, also passes the sniff test (smog), but not the visual. I can't expand on this, but I know he has much more info on the matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
darkside...where ever you are...i was wondering if you could help me out with my header. i got it custom made and the friggin check engine light goes off. how did you do it??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,373 Posts
you need to splice the o2 sensor(the one under the car) so you can make it longer. Once you do that have someone mount a place for it on the mid pipe just after the cat(under the car)

reset your ecu and thats it.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
778 Posts
DarKsiDe_SE said:
you need to splice the o2 sensor(the one under the car) so you can make it longer. Once you do that have someone mount a place for it on the mid pipe just after the cat(under the car)

reset your ecu and thats it.......
did you do it yourself or a pro? how much did it cost you??
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top