B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to push my car to the max but i have seen alot of sentra's blow because of to much boost. i want to put in a turbo kit but i dont want to blow my motor. could it be better to put on a super charger?

· Registered
903 Posts
Its pointless to put on a turbocharger without doing the internals. Ricers are the ones that throw on turbos onto a stock Naturally Aspirated engines and blow them up. If you do put on a turbo onto a stock engine with stock internals, then I wouldn't run anything higher than 6 psi. So why spend $3000.00 on a turbo kit for only a 25 Hp gain.....if that.

· Registered
2,034 Posts
sentra001 said:
Its pointless to put on a turbocharger without doing the internals. Ricers are the ones that throw on turbos onto a stock Naturally Aspirated engines and blow them up. If you do put on a turbo onto a stock engine with stock internals, then I wouldn't run anything higher than 6 psi. So why spend $3000.00 on a turbo kit for only a 25 Hp gain.....if that.
8psi is safe on stock internals on a spec v. as long as you have the car tuned. and it's more like a 75-100hp gain... unless he has a QG

· Registered
903 Posts
jarrett2k said:
8psi is safe on stock internals on a spec v. as long as you have the car tuned. and it's more like a 75-100hp gain... unless he has a QG
8 psi equals 75 - 100 whp?........Really? Not to be argumentive, but that sounds unreasonable.

· SER Mod Father
7,021 Posts
A basic kit with ball-bearing turbo and simple addition of a Cometic headgasket and some ARP head studs should allow you to run over 8lbs, which seems to run into the high 200's whp. Stock is around 155 iirc so that's well into 100whp gains.
I'd still run an 8lb spring max with an electronic boost controller for 2-4 more psi when you want it with that setup. You could easily add a block guard too if doing the headgasket which is an off the shelf part as well.
It's nice to know everything about your aftermarket turbo car but at least know a good mechanic and start reading and you will save a lot knowing the physics of how it works in the process.
Not incl the boost controller that's a little over $300 in extra parts onto a ball-bearing turbo kit. It is more work that you are prob paying a mechanic to do but why do it twice? Get the boost controller in too and tune to the high boost setting you want, turn it off after some breakin run time and daily drive on the 8lb spring.

That's what I'd do 2nd time around :)

· Auf Deutschland
8,616 Posts
you should just get a JWT pop charger... That way you can push it to the max without worrying about boost levels or blowing your engine... Also you don't have to be another statistic in the long list of sentras you saw blow up...

· Registered
2 Posts
Actually you can get up to 400+ on 6psi with the sentra, with cometic head gasket and arp head studies u can put it up to 8psi and make even more than that, not a ricer, simply a budget build

1 - 18 of 18 Posts