B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealership had my car for a full week before they even ORDERED a transmission, now it has taken over a week for the tranmission to get there! How do they ship them? PONY EXPRESS?! Oh, he told me, "As soon as we get it, we'll have it on the road the next day." Yeah, I would hope so seeing how its a 3 hour job!!

Thank you for letting me vent.

·
Al, The Ignorant Fcuk
9,081 Posts
When I had my auto trans replaced in my SE From diagnosis of the problem to completion of new trans installation was maybe a week (including shipping). But those trannies probably were in good supply.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
When I had my transmission replaced by the dealer it took them about a week and a half to 2 weeks before they actually got it. THey ordered it on a friday and i think about a week and a half later they had it on a wednesday.

Ha! how do you think I feel now. A week after I got my car back from the dealer with a new transmission, I had to bring back my car for a new engine, precat, and main cat. For the engine work they've had my car since July 23rd.

·
El Burro
4,272 Posts
Yea you're right the replacement doesn't take long. Once my dealership got it, it took only about half a day to do.

THey said the same thing about my engine. All they're waiting for now is the pre-cat. Once they get that they said that putting my new engine, pre-cat- and cat will only take about an hour or so.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I bought a car from someone and they said they'd replace the transmission, took them a few weeks to order one, and it's been over 2 months and no transmission at the destination, am I being snowballed, lied too, does or can it take forever from dhl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts