B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I recently got an MTX Blue Thunder pro-752 amp from a friend for $40.00 what I want to know is will it be good enough to drive my front speakers???(they will be aftermarket of course)

I don't know too much about this amp,,but is it a 2 channel???
and will it be good for what I already have???
Pioneer headunit,,RF amp.,,,RF 12"sub in single bandpass....

------------------

CAR:
Black 2k SE Performance/package

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

*CLICK HERE FOR MY CAR PICS*

·
Registered
841 Posts
Well you have powering your sub that RF amp...now if you don't know really much about that new MTX amp of yours, check their site. I wouldn't know if it is a 2 cha or 4 cha. It will do you good if the mtx amp is 2cha 200watt total for your fronts. But what about the rear? If the mtx amp is 4cha then you can power your 4speakers...that's if only the mtx amp has enough power. a 4x100 would be good.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
That would be too much power. 100 watts to each speaker is a bit much. Check the power rating for the speakers. You don't wanna blow them. I am sure you could get speakers that can handle that much. I only have 35 watts going to each of my front aftermarket speakers.

·
Registered
841 Posts
many dumb speakers "say" that they can handle 200watts which is bull...their rms go up to only 100peak. 35 is too low...but speakers vary. You would rather have more power than just enough power.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah it depends on what the speakers handle RMS wise but even if the amp was 100x2 or something like that you could just turn the gain down on it to fit your speakers perfect. But yeah most decent speakers only handle like 25-80RMS wattage.

I wish i had some more cash so i can get that nice 4 channel PPI for my mids....*drool* Maybe if i sell my soul

------------------
Neil
Visionology Interactive
http://www.visim.com

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'm pretty sure it's a 2-channel amp and I believe it's 280 watts...now you can't run all the front speakers of a 2-channel amp??

------------------

CAR:

MODS:
17x7 Konig-Caffeine's ,Stillen front spoiler and pop-cone intake,Aluminum dash kit,Remote starter,35% Tint,Aluminum Pedal Kit,APC Super white headlights and fogs and front and rear turn signals,Ventshade-ventvisors,Custom Front Grille,Stromung cat-back(in the mail)......

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok here's the exact info i got of their website....
PRO75X2
Advanced Computerized Protection Circuitry - improved protection circuitry, for fewer failures. When the protection circuit is activated, the amp will turn off.
Larger Terminal Blocks - all models can accept up to 4 gauge wire (i.e. more current capability)
Larger Heatsink - each model "grew up" by 1 to 2 inches with substantially more mass. Greater cooling capabilities, and longer initial time to thermal.
Larger Output MOSFETS And Larger Power Supply MOSFETS - provide better power stability and improved reliability.
New Thermal Pads Under MOSFETS - because silicon grease, formerly used under the MOSFETS, broke down over time and spilled out onto circuit board, we replaced it with polymer thermal pads that offer better transfer of heat from MOSFET to the heatsink. Over time, the polymer actually fills in the pores, creating an even tighter seal. This improvement offers a greater degree of consistency in manufacture for better product reliability.
Improved ISO-FEET - upgraded to a more pliable nylon material, for improved durability and flexibility.
8-Volt RMS Input - this Large Signal capability allows better integration with high voltage output source units, increased dynamic range and better Signal-to-Noise ratio in the system.
Continuously Variable Crossover - this allows the user to adjust the crossover frequency from 40Hz to 175Hz with a high or low pass configuration, including adjustable crossover slope from 12db - 18db/Octave.
Advanced PCB Design Technology - a new FLOOD technique in circuit board design allows us to truly "flood" the circuit board with copper for substantially higher current capability, lower distortion and increased reliability.
Thermal Reliefs - New "star pattern thermal reliefs" improve solder connections and increase reliability.
Individual Gain Controls For Left/Right Channels - for better tracking and to make it easier to center up the soundstage (a critical element in the competition circuit).
Reverse Outputs - when the user selects the highpass setting on the crossover, a complimentary lowpass signal is passed through the RCA outputs, and vice-versa. Crossover frequency of the RCA outputs is determined by the frequency setting on the crossover. This makes it much easier to design multi-amplifier systems.

Blue Thunder PRO75X2 Specifications
RMS Power measured at 12.5 Volts DC:
37.5 watts x 2 into a 4 ohm load with less than 0.05% THD+N

75 watts x 2 into a 2 ohm load with less than 0.1% THD+N

150 watts bridged into a 4 ohm load with less than 0.1% THD+N
Dynamic Power (IHF-202 standard) measured at 14.4 Volts DC:
90 watts x 2 into a 4 ohm load

165 watts x 2 into a 2 ohm load

325 watts bridged into a 4 ohm load
Signal to Noise Ratio
> or = 110dB A-Weighted
Damping Factor:
>200
Maximum Input
8 Vrms
Frequency Response
20Hz-20kHz ±0.25dB
Bass EQ
(0-18dB) centered at 45Hz
Crossover
Variable 40Hz to 175Hz

12-18dB/Octave

HP or LP configurable
Dimensions
8" x 9" x 2" (20.3cm x 22.8cm x 5cm)

9-1/4 Wide Including IsoFeet (23.5cm)

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
841 Posts
You will want to have this done:

75 watts x 2 into a 2 ohm load with less than 0.1% THD+N

But make sure you lower your 280watts to your front speakers...lower it with the nob or switch. To be on the save side...75 is good.

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so at least I can use this then,,,cool

so now what do i have to do to run all the speakers to it do i have to run both fronts into the left and the rear decks into right say,,,is that sounding about right???

Thanks for any info guys and gals I'm far from the stereo expert

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Resigned
411 Posts
Buy my componets I still have man

Infinity 6 3/4 Kappa Componets. $299 new at crutchfield.....

I still have rears too.. $150

$230 shipped to your door, only 2-3 months old and have the wood spacers I made to let them fit without hitting the glass (a must int he sentra for any aftermarket speaker).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sentra Styling:
so at least I can use this then,,,cool

so now what do i have to do to run all the speakers to it do i have to run both fronts into the left and the rear decks into right say,,,is that sounding about right???

Thanks for any info guys and gals I'm far from the stereo expert

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

2000 Sentra SE w/Performance Package,5spd,Granite
Strobe lights in headlights, SMC STS, Gas cap holder, BridgeStone RE730 205x55/16s, Timing Advance @18 degrees, Mobil 1 5w30

[This message has been edited by RussY2KSE (edited February 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
841 Posts
SentraSty, I wouldn't know how to connect the wires from speaker to amp. I'm not the expert either, I know Chrissy knows more than I do...she can answer your Q.

Sorry

btw, what's your aol or aim SN SentraSty?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RussY2KSE:
Buy my componets I still have man

Infinity 6 3/4 Kappa Componets. $299 new at crutchfield.....

I still have rears too.. $150

$230 shipped to your door, only 2-3 months old and have the wood spacers I made to let them fit without hitting the glass (a must int he sentra for any aftermarket speaker).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
russ I really wish I had the money cause I would but the Stromung exhaust has put a stop on my wallet for a little while....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

·
Registered
110 Posts
UMM, ignore power ratings! I have repeadetly found that speakers LOVE power. Granted there is a point where you CAN have too much, but that's typically not what blows speakers. Distortion and improper crossover settings are what kills speaks. I have about 225 watts going to each side of my front stage. The tweets and mid's are getting over 100 watts each! They love it. Why, becuase it's free of distortion and they are crossed over properly! Also, this allows you to keep the gain to a minimum (provided your input voltage is setup correctly), this provides much needed headroom! Speakers love power, just clean power!

------------------
late,
wes
my site

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hey, SentraSty. How's it going so far with your stuff bro?

------------------
"Haters Hate This."
------------------
2k1 Sentra SE w/PP
Granite & Manual Trans.
20% Tinted Windows
Alpine CDA-7965 Unit
PPI PC6600 Amp
Cust. Built Box w/
3 JL 10w3 Subs
Cust. Short Shifter

Waamm!
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i haven't tried to install it yet i am gonna wait till i have some money to get the speakers,,,,hopefully i can get Russ's if he still has them
but if not i'll order them .....

------------------

CAR:

MODS:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts