B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was detailing my car. I use #0000 steel wool on the outside glass. I used it on my side mirrors to remove hard water stains. Well the steel wool scratched both of the mirrors pretty bad. I been using #0000 steel wool on my VW/Audi mirrors for years. It never scratched them ever. I guess Nissan uses a softer kind of glass?

I ordered both of the mirrors online. I opened the box and checked them out. It is just one piece of glass, smooth of either side. I would think there would be some kind of connector on one side. So how does the glass stay in place? What is it connected to the mirror housing with?

I replaced my VW mirrors before. I just pulled them off, and the new one just popped back in. The back of them had hard plastic though.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was detailing my car. I use #0000 steel wool on the outside glass. I used it on my side mirrors to remove hard water stains. Well the steel wool scratched both of the mirrors pretty bad. I been using #0000 steel wool on my VW/Audi mirrors for years. It never scratched them ever. I guess Nissan uses a softer kind of glass?

I ordered both of the mirrors online. I opened the box and checked them out. It is just one piece of glass, smooth of either side. I would think there would be some kind of connector on one side. So how does the glass stay in place? What is it connected to the mirror housing with?

I replaced my VW mirrors before. I just pulled them off, and the new one just popped back in. The back of them had hard plastic though.

Thanks for the help.
hi

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rembrandt Glass & Mirror

We are Expert in Shower Doors Enclosures, Glass and mirrors (fabricate and Installation)
business offering services at customers locations Mirror, Shower door, By-Pass, Sliders,
Windows, Cut glass & mirror to size, Glass Staircase, Glass Wall Partition, Tempered Glass,
Impact Glass, Insulated Glass. Click here to visit our website

1 - 5 of 5 Posts