B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I feel like an idiot, but my cargo net didn't come with destructions and I can't find anything about it in my car manual. How the HECK do I put the cargo net in my car? So far it's just been sitting in my trunk for a couple months now, the other day I needed to use it but I can't figure it out.. HELP!
Pictures are VERY appreciated but a good detailed description will help.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Well does your cargo net have hooks on the the ends? Three on each side, if so there are small moon shaped loops connected to the sides of our trunks, just attach and go. The middle hook on the net goes on the bottom of the trunk and the two outside hooks, attach near the top of the trunk.

·
Registered
250 Posts
nocwage said:
Okay I feel like an idiot, but my cargo net didn't come with destructions and I can't find anything about it in my car manual. How the HECK do I put the cargo net in my car? So far it's just been sitting in my trunk for a couple months now, the other day I needed to use it but I can't figure it out.. HELP!
Pictures are VERY appreciated but a good detailed description will help.
Do you still have a copy of the glossy sales brochure for the vehicle? If memory serves, in the "Accessories" section of said brochure, there's a picture of the installed cargo net that might help a little.

I was rather disappointed to discover that the US 2001 SEs no longer come standard with the cargo net (the 2000 models did). Since I'm too cheap to shell out money for an OEM net, my current "cargo net" in the trunk consists of three bulk photocopy paper boxes taped alongide each other with their lids removed. They're just the right size to hold grocery bags upright during spirited driving back from the supermarket.

DL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
daavikes said:
Well does your cargo net have hooks on the the ends? Three on each side, if so there are small moon shaped loops connected to the sides of our trunks, just attach and go. The middle hook on the net goes on the bottom of the trunk and the two outside hooks, attach near the top of the trunk.
I looked and I looked, there are no moon shaped loops anywhere to be found, is it hidden under the trunk liner?? I've found serveral holes but none that look right..
Could you be more descriptive about the locations? maybe how many inches back from the trunk opening and high fromt he floor?
thanks

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yes, the loops for attachment should be on the sides of the trunk, one at the bottom, two at the top. They are not hidden behind anything, I'm thinking if you can't see them, you don't have them installed, maybe you should go talk to the dealer.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hmmmm, my car has the flat plastic but no loop attached to it. Does that mean they supply or install new ones? Damn.

·
Super Moderator
8,871 Posts
The recieving loops might come with the net, since the 2001's no longer come standard with it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can some please post some pictures so that all of us without a trunk net and receiving loops can get a good idea of where it installs? Please...

·
Registered
341 Posts
If you so not have the recieving loops already in your car, then they either came with the net and you didn't see them or they are sold seperatly (which would suck! You'd have to ask the dealer!)) They replace the flat plastic ones that hold the interior lining to the wall in the back. The locations are:
Top: There are two, one on the right and left walls close to the rear seat release, the other is against the back wall.
Bottom: On the bottom of the right/left walls.

I would post pics but I have no camera, hope this helps.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just went and checked, there are actually 8 recieving loops, and they replace the only flat plastic pieces in your trunk (there are some that are directly underneth the trunk latch, they don't count)

·
122 Hours Of Fear
13,552 Posts
that c-sucker was a pain in my *** when Iremoved it , then wanted it back in . Just make sure you don't break any of the plastic pieces . I had to "borrow" one from a co-worker with a Spec-V , he'll never know . lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts