B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man I ordered my hotshot CAI on March 28th and still haven't recieved it.... has anyone else had this problem from them.....

------------------
2000 Sentra SE, Hotshot CAI (Still waiting like everyone), 5zigen universal with custom stainless steel 2.25 piping from Exhaust Pro (Still waiting also for the part..) and WestCoast Spoilers Bumper and side skirts..(also on order)... Erubuni Rear Skirts..
SSony Xplode CD Reciever X7500
Pioneer TS1655 6 1/2 in front
Pioneer TS1795 6 1/2 in the rear
Pioneer TS w161 6 1/2 midrange speaker (replaced the sub)
Rockford Fosgate RFZ1808 8" Sub with enclosure
and Rockford Fosgate Punxh 800a4 amplifier.

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GQEmer:
man I ordered my hotshot CAI on March 28th and still haven't recieved it.... has anyone else had this problem from them.....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow....well, search for this same topic, and I bet you'll find a great big ***** session. :)

Max...can you comment on this please? :p

*coughes* Go with Place Racing.. *coughes*

------------------
Marvin, aka Original Mr Sentra
2000 Nissan Sentra SE w/Performance Package, Sunroof, 5 spd, Avalanche
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake
"Hey guys, drive safe and no accidents!"

·
Registered
104 Posts
To be totally fair, people have had problems with Place Racing's inventory of CAI's. I hate to say this, but we all have been running into a bad spirt of customer service from lots of companies. Place Racing's inventory primarily deals with Engine Mounts, and they specifically make four colors..red, yellow, blue and silver. When they do this, they also powdercoat their CAI's when they do engine mounts, so for example, they make red one week, then they won't make red ones(engine mounts and CAI's) for awile after they run through the other colors. Silver is their most highly stocked item and it's also their heavily bought item. They're having a hard time filling these orders. :(

To be honest also, I don't have any real excuses for Hotshot, but I know they have been one of the only companies that actually do R&D for our cars and even do anything more than most. I know that there is pretty much no excuse for customer service.

Like I tell everyone, let's make our own Sentra only shop for all Sentra stuff! :)

------------------
Current Mods: Gas Cap Holder, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust System, Place Racing Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
312 Posts
Yeah... I'm still waiting for my PR CAI.

Last I heard they were talking about sometime in May.

------------------
2001 Sentra SE, PP, 5-Speed, Sunroof.

PR CAI (in da mail), Kenwood KFC-1738Cs (in da back), gas cap holder (on da side)

·
Registered
104 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by UtahJ:
Yeah... I'm still waiting for my PR CAI.

Last I heard they were talking about sometime in May.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey man, were you part of the group deal? I'm prepared to call and talk with Gilbert here shortly about the missing CAI's from the last group. Is it the color? Email me please. :)

------------------

G

·
yeah, I think everyone knows not to talk to me about Hotshot! :D hahaha.

Hotshot is completely unreliable for ordering parts. They lied to me on several occasions on various issues. They finally told me that they couldn't supply me with my 3rd intake (the first two were wrong) for 3 more weeks. This would put my delivery date 11 WEEKS after I originally ordered it.

I wrote Hotshot a not too nice letter explaining why I was so pissed off at them. In the end, I cancelled my order with them. After that, it took them 2 WEEKS to refund my money.

I have said it once, and I will say it again. I will NEVER deal with Hotshot for ANY part now, or in the future. They are taking advantage of their customers, lying to them, and not offering the level or service they once did. That isn't the type of company that deserves our business.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
-For Sale!

·
Registered
605 Posts
When I ordered mine it came in a week. i did it through IPP. I thought it was defective, but it turned out to be my error. I sold it though because i don't have my car anymore.

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
how much do the Place Racing CAI's run for? and what ever happened to the AEM CAI? I remember someone talking about it and their car was used as the demo car for it.

[This message has been edited by CyGuy (edited April 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
78 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CyGuy:
how much do the Place Racing CAI's run for? and what ever happened to the AEM CAI? I remember someone talking about it and their car was used as the demo car for it.

[This message has been edited by CyGuy (edited April 24, 2001).]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah there was someone talking about AEM intake, but haven't heard from him. The last price I got for the PR CAI was $226.something, that was from IPP.

------------------
Charles

2001 Sentra SE, P/P, 5spd, Inferno with HyperWhite headlights and fogs.

PR CAI on the way, looking into Stromung Exhaust

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yo Marvin,

I was on that group deal and haven't gotten my silver intake either. If you could find out, that would be great! I'm ready to install everything and this is the last thing.

------------------
Waiting for PR CAI, got the Stromung, got the Unorthodox, got a big fat empty "0" in my bank...:)

G

·
Place Racing told me two weeks on Silver this afternoon. I talked with Robert. THe only color currently in stock is Blue.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Man.. I'm willing to wait it out.. but dang... why is it soo hard for them to make more... I don't want the refund if it's gonna take 2 weeks cuz by that time it'll probably arrive... i'll wait no longer than may 15th and if not.. i'll ask william to get me another item or i dunno... guess I'm SOL... thanks guys..

------------------
2000 Sentra SE, Hotshot CAI (Still waiting like everyone), 5zigen universal with custom stainless steel 2.25 piping from Exhaust Pro (Still waiting also for the part..) and WestCoast Spoilers Bumper and side skirts..(also on order)... Erubuni Rear Skirts..
SSony Xplode CD Reciever X7500
Pioneer TS1655 6 1/2 in front
Pioneer TS1795 6 1/2 in the rear
Pioneer TS w161 6 1/2 midrange speaker (replaced the sub)
Rockford Fosgate RFZ1808 8" Sub with enclosure
and Rockford Fosgate Punxh 800a4 amplifier.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts