B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I didn't get a good answer from anyone here. This is what hotshot changed for the header for the b15.

They are throwing in the O2 bung.
They added a hanger to the secondary.

So now all you will have to do is drill a hole in your mid pipe, weld up the bung, extend the wire for the O2 sensor and plug it in.

·
Registered
623 Posts
no u dont have to drill anything.
the changes r that they have a hole on the 2nd peice for the 2nd o2 sensor and the hanger. and the mounting flange is cnc machined instead of the steal peice they had b4.
gene said his headers r very loud.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ugh NO

<ahem>

The second O2 sensor must be after the cat or you WILL get a check engine light.

I just called up hotshot and talked to Robert. Why would they include a O2 bung not installed if it was going to be put on their own secondary?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Me??

chinoworld said:
no u dont have to drill anything.
the changes r that they have a hole on the 2nd peice for the 2nd o2 sensor and the hanger. and the mounting flange is cnc machined instead of the steal peice they had b4.
gene said his headers r very loud.

·
Registered
816 Posts
chinoworld,

Did Fran have a resonator on his exhaust? I know that you don't have a resonator and with the headers, it's loud but what kind of setup does Fran have?

·
Registered
623 Posts
fran has a hks super dragger, it is one of the biggest and loudest exhaust out there, but good. i didnt get to see frans car, but to my knowledge of the older draggers from supras dont have a resonator. so if u want to put on a resonator on ur stromung, ur better off having someone to weld it on.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i dont think they put a second o2 mount on the secondary. I did that myself the first time and got the CE light. They would be stupid is Hotshot were to do that since they were the ones that told me it wouldnt work. Im glad to hear they put a hanger on the secondary cuz it moved too much. BTW im selling mine if anyone wants it. Theres some rust on the secondary and the manifold has a few scratches but then im only asking $200 :)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Hey Darkside anyone buy it yet

I'll buy it off of you if no one else does, cuz I am going to be doing venom nitrous till the ECU comes out then I'll go turbo, I am also getting S3 cams when they come out for our cars..plz let me know

·
Registered
297 Posts
HotShot right?

DarkSide I sent ya a private message if you read it, e-mail me and we can get it all down with, if it still all for grabs by the time you read this then I will buy it(bought it).

·
Registered
100 Posts
Whatup with your headers Darkside?

Are you going to another header, and if so, do you have a website addy for the "other company?"

Or are you going back to stock for smog purposes?

·
Registered
446 Posts
yo

so this means i have to have a hole drilled in my beautiful stromung mid-pipe?!? The whole lengthening o2 sensor number two will certainly go over great with Nissan service dept I am sure....this is the only thing holding me back from getting a header...is there any other way we can get rid of the CEL after installation of header?

·
Registered
297 Posts
hmmm

someone said something about wrapping it in aluminum foil and that will clear the CEL, but not sure, I am just going to legthen it and put it on the midpipe, It really doesn't matter much to me since I am going to have to go custom early next year. but I will try out the aluminum foil thing when I install the header around the 24th or 25th.

·
Registered
940 Posts
my secondary o2 sensor is right before the cat.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
i hope i can shed some light on the situation......

right now.... i am running hotshot's header the way the gave it to me.... sensor all in the stock locations.......

i wouldnt be able to tell you if the SES light went on because of the header because mine has been on since my gas cap.

the new b15 header has new CNC Machined Flanges and a hanger on the exhaust manifold......

so basically.... i have my 2nd 02 sensor in the exhaust manifold before the cat.

Hotshot said that you do have to relocate the 2nd 02 sensor.... after the cat.... but they suggest that you relocate it on the cat itself

they made the header this way so that it would be a basic and easy bolt on.... so that people can just install and drive.

i told John that i will be getting a high flow cat soon and that i will do the 02 mod then...... John said too just call him when i am going to do the mod and he will send me a plug for the second bung....

i hope this resolves all the issues about the header mod....

sorry about the delayed explaination.... been real busy

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hmm in the cat. That sounds like a bad idea, in less they mean on the flange coming off it. Drilling into the cat just sounds like a bad idea.

BTW the stock cat is 2.5 in and out, so getting a high flow one is going to give you little improvement.

Check out the SER mailing list archives for more.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
interesting..... good info.... thanks!

as far as on the cat..... not sure exactly where on the cat they suggest.....

if there is enough room after the cat and before the flange, that sounds like a good spot....

what do you think?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts