B15 Sentra Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Here is a link to Mike Kojima's Gen 5 vs. Gen 6 Dyno chart, for any who are interested.


http://www.sr20forum.com/showthread.php?t=86104&highlight=hotshot


BTW, just got out of a meeting about the "registration requirements".

We decided that just the registration wasn't good enough.
We now require you to send in the deed to your house, your first born child, a list of all your ex-girlfriends (with phone numbers-so we can check references) and a list of all the porn sites you've visited in the last month or so...

Thanks,
We knew you'd understand.

;)


[/sarcasm]
Thanks

John
Hotshot
NO I AM NOT SERIOUS!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
So what do you think the gains would be over a Stillen header on a rollerhead?
 

·
Bringin CA back
Joined
·
1,120 Posts
ehhhh the 6th gen does provide more horsepower but it requires 3" exhaust for maximum gains...not sure if the extra oomph is worth new piping
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
557 Posts
I'm already using 2.5" exhust on my SE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
HSPerformance said:
We now require you to send in the deed to your house, your first born child, a list of all your ex-girlfriends (with phone numbers-so we can check references) and a list of all the porn sites you've visited in the last month or so...
damn, all i got is a list of porn sites in the last month or so :(;):p

just out of curiousity, which does the gen6 essentially require a 3" catback? is the flow that much more that it require me to up my piping 3/4"?
 

·
OT Whore
Joined
·
4,411 Posts
i would assume so, since the posting said they lost a fairly large amount of the gain over the gen 5 when using a 2.5" pipe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
it was my understanding that the gen 6 would work best with larger cams, and all bolt ons...

since the roller sr20 doesn't have alot of cam choices and no real big cams to speak of, i'm not sure that you could figure on similar gains on the rr sr20. the result is yet to be seen... i guess only time and a dyno will tell....
 

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
Joined
·
11,651 Posts
i think those dyno charts are a tad inconclusive for the results.. obviously it makes more power than the gen 5.. but what does that mean to use who do not have s4 cams and JWT ECU?? ;)

i think for this data to be overall useful you should dyno test it (send it to me i'll dyno test it :D) on an SE sentra and on a VE powered sentra..

i think thats an impressive gain.. but i've gotta see it dyno tested on OUR cars to beleive it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi
If you're happy with the Gen 5, that's great. That header is the best of the best, period. The gen 6 is designed specifiaclly for race cars, and will probably be more than most of you guys need for everyday driving. However, the ground clearance is outstanding for a 3" downpipe, and the install is a piece of cake. Gen 5 or Gen 6 it's your call. Since we issued a completely new part number for this header, I beleive we will continue to manufacture, and improve the design of the Gen 5, for the next 10 years, too.

Check here for some history of the Gen1-5 header, it's interesting;
http://www.se-r.net/header_exhaust/headers.html

Thanks

John
Hotshot :eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New QR25 Header

david_r said:
how about a new gen for the QR25
Already working on it. Will be out before Xmas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
105 Posts
That looks good. Too bad the C.A.R.B. doesn't allow fun stuff like this. I hate to deal with changing stuff out of the car before a smog check & after.
 

·
coming soon
Joined
·
14,392 Posts
lol Kojima spilled a shooter on it..........................................since he has no real time other than work and tuning cars, he must do his drinking during his tuning :D ahahahah
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
SR20dee said:
i think those dyno charts are a tad inconclusive for the results.. obviously it makes more power than the gen 5.. but what does that mean to use who do not have s4 cams and JWT ECU?? ;)

i think for this data to be overall useful you should dyno test it (send it to me i'll dyno test it :D) on an SE sentra and on a VE powered sentra..

i think thats an impressive gain.. but i've gotta see it dyno tested on OUR cars to beleive it..
What do you expect, to be spoon fed? :)

The Gen 6 has been tested with S4, S5 and C3 cams with big gains on all of these cams. The VE high rpm lobe is sorta in between the S4 and S5 cam when you look at area under the curve so its pretty safe to assume it will kick *** on a VE as well.
 

·
2busy4b15/but watch it
Joined
·
11,651 Posts
morepower2 said:
What do you expect, to be spoon fed? :)

The Gen 6 has been tested with S4, S5 and C3 cams with big gains on all of these cams. The VE high rpm lobe is sorta in between the S4 and S5 cam when you look at area under the curve so its pretty safe to assume it will kick *** on a VE as well.

LOL :D

When I go VE i will be selling the gen V in favor of the VI..

However while i am Sitting her having to worry about states emmissions I'll be sitting on the Gen 5 for a while :D

Its important that the kids on this site remember to read you article in NPM about the header.. as opposed to simply being reminded of the power it makes :D

EDit: mike.. the comment above from a few weeks ago was before i realized that The EGR and such was left off the system.. :D
 

·
spec faif
Joined
·
574 Posts
HSPerformance said:
Already working on it. Will be out before Xmas.
great! is it going to be also 10whp over the previous gen?
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top