B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a couple shots of my would be install. I need to compare my pictures with other individual's that have the same intake. I am trying to figure out why mine was so different.

What I've noticed is that my Upper pipe seems to be longer than everyone elses. Hotshot denies that there could be any differences, but the pictures seems convincing.

Also, I had 5" of pipe below the Fenderwell opening. This seemed like way too much. What did you guys have?

Lastly, did you guys have to slide your battery all the way to the passenger side in order for everything to fit?

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd. Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Ghetto airbox...Zip ties and all!

"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific."

[This message has been edited by maxximtl (edited March 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
180 Posts
I love how when you have a problem with any companies product, they can never face the fact that they gave you a defective product.

------------------
Black 2K SE+PP

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is why I took a bunch of pictures of it. I wanted to have some physical proof that there was something wrong with mine.

I documented 4 problems that wouldn't allow me to install the intake properly.

1.MAF adapter plate drilled wrong.

2.Upper pipe seemed to be too long, threw everything else off.

3.Intake Temp. Sensor hole in wrong spot.

4.Cold air tube went way too far into fenderwell. Airfilter wouldn't fit.

I am trying to reach a resolution with Hotshot right now. I need input from others who managed to get this thing on though.

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
maybe im blind...... but it looks likes mine :confused:

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers
SDsr20de858 pics

·
Registered
297 Posts
damn, what the hell, I got a Gen I kit and it fit fine. actually it seems that your upper pipe is not long enough, and the lower intake seems to have a wrong bend in there somewhere, try flipping the lower intake so that the ends are opposite(where the intake is hook it up to the MAF adapter and so forth), my intake seems to be closer to the top of the fenderwell(farther right), and no I did not have to move the battery or naything, the intake does stick out a couple of inches, but just slide the intake up some, am really sorry you guys have these problems, and I feel bad mine was perfect. But just get on HotShot and try to work something out. Lemon Law might work, heheh :)

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
297 Posts
By the way, I will post pictures of my car by the end of the week, I can hopefully get some dyno results as well from Steeda, but I am not sure if I will have the money to tune the car on the dyno. :(

------------------
formerly known as JCGator42, 2k1 Nissan Sentra SE w/PP mods: Cold Air Intake by Hotshot, and Stromung Cat-Back Exhaust(on its way over here), and Unorthodox Underdrive 4 pulley set(in a couple of weeks) [email protected]

·
Registered
605 Posts
http://www.geocities.com/peterjamesfung/blah.htm

Where do you get that black thing? I didn't have one in my box. Do you use the one from the stock airbox?

------------------
SR20DE..Sorry Si guys.

[This message has been edited by azninvazion (edited April 03, 2001).]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the MAF sensor. Yes, you need to remove that from the old intake. It is an extremely vital part of the intake. It registers how much air is entering the engine itself.

BTW, be sure to keep it clean. Don't allow any dirt or debris to come in contact with the exposed sensor itself. Don't touch it either.

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
446 Posts
I didn't have to move my battery at all for my CAI. I did have to cut the whole slightly larger but you still cannot notice that much of a change.

-iLL

------------------
2001 Sentra SE w/ Performance Package, Place Racing CAI, Stromung Full Cat-back, Custom Grille,Pioneer DEHP 2000 + 4x TS-1675's
[email protected] mph

1 - 10 of 10 Posts