B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my Hotshot CAI about a week ago.. and the engine light turned on.. did i do something wrong.. It fits great.. all the hoses and lines are connected.. my MAF is intact.. the only one i'm questioning is the last sensor near the cone filter.. I had to drill a 5/8 inch hole there... and fit the sensor through.. it went in fine.. didn't break anything... it feels snug and secure... so what is wrong.... has anyone experienced this.. ohh yaa. before u guys ask.. i did take the neg off the battery.. hehe.. well let me know some insights.. Thanks

·
Not your parent(s)
3,291 Posts
it's not uncommon for the CE light to come on. Just disconnect the neg. terminal off the battery again and leave it off overnight. If that doesn't work, give it 3-5 days or 500 miles. Our ECU is a learning ECU and it will learn it. sometimes it just seems to have ADD.

G

·
Well.........

Everyone is assuming that the CAI is responsible for the CEL. That *may* not be the case. You could have a totally unrelated problem occuring. I don't know that I would just reset the ECU to clear the code. That isn't nesecarily solving the problem.

The best thing to do would be to figure out what code caused the light to come on. Unless you know someone that has one of those OBD II reader thingy's, the dealer is the only one that can do that. Maybe you can contact a local shop to see if they can help you out. I'd figure out what code is being thrown before you go much further. You have to identify the problem before you can solve it.

·
Bow to your SE GOD
4,702 Posts
Is it safe to assume you unplugged the neg. terminal of the batt. BEFORE you disconnected the sensor, like in the instructions? Also, is the sensor pointed so that the air flows thru it (not turned sideways in the tube)?
2 ideas...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the help... Yaa i did the neg battery and made sure the sensor is the right way.. well i'll see what's up and if it doesn't come off after a couple of hundred miles.. i'll take it to nissan... man this forum is awesome... lot's of great help from peopl... thanks guys

·
Registered
816 Posts
When I installed my Hotshot CAI, the "check engine" light went off after about a week. I was getting kinda nervous too but someone on this board told me to wait about a week. i did and the light went off...and now, 3000 miles later, everything is still fine.

·
Registered
201 Posts
still praying

I installed my AEM cai on my car last saturday. I'm still waiting/praying for the SES/CEL to turn off. My car runs fine, nothing wrong with it (though I think the idle maybe a little lower than normal??? just a tiny hair lower than normal) but other than that the power is there. I can rev to redline, no problem and it revs so free now.

Hopefully it should go off in a week or so. Man it would be a pain to put everything back n go back to nissan for a checkup.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Some advice

So,

I experienced the same problems as all of you. What I did was install the factory back in and then I disconnected the battery pos and neg! It's been disconnected for 14 hours or more!

Now here's where all of you come in...

If the SES light goes off...

a.) should I reinstall the AEM CAI?
b.) leave it factory b/c there isn't really a differnce?Send it back!

Let me remind you, I installed the AEM CAI and then the SES light came on. Then I FREAKED OUT (still am twitching) I then PUT the FACTORY back in and then did the battery trick.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts