B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my Hotshot Intake today. First, the bad news. The part is wrong (as we all know,) and will have to be sent back. Robert said they will take care of the problem. What he probably won't tell me is how long it is going to take.

Anyways, the intake itself seems to be of good quality. The Tube itself is of a thicker gauge steel than I was expecting. The welds look pretty good and solid. The Ceramic coating leaves a little to be desired. It is marred and scratched in several places. It looks like it was just thrown in a box with numerous other tubes at the coaters.

The installation instructions are not all that great either. It tells you to enlarge the fenderwell opening, but DOESN'T come with a template, or tell you where or how much to cut. All it says is "enlarge the hole." Ummmm...okay...looks like this will be an afternoon project. I hope I can get away without cutting into the car, and just using a rubber grommet to minimize the rubbing.

Anyway, I'll let you all know what Hotshot's response is on how long the turn around time for the correct part will be.

------------------
2001 SE, P/P, 5 spd Cloud White.
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck.)
Click HERE To Visit My Website!

·
Time Warp
1,141 Posts
Don't feel bad, Maxx. PR's template didn't even match that of the B15.
Just eyeball it and cut away. Don't worry if you cut an extra large hole. It won't really affect anything. Use the grommet though, or you'll have a scratched CAI like mine.
Hopefully it won't take too long for your CAI to get back...

------------------
Jae

'00 SE w/ PP
Dropped and some other stuff...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, for once Hotshot actually surprised me in a good way!
Robert is going to ship out a revised pipe (with the temp. sensor location) tomorrow. This means that I will be in business next week.

They are going to sent the pipe to me, then I will return the incorrect part. It should be pretty painless. For all the other Hotshot buyers, this should apply for you aswell. Just call Robert, and he will get it taken care of.

------------------
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (It was here, but now it's gone...but it will be back soon!!)

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
well.... i guess im going to have to call them tomorrow..... first thing!!!!!

they better not screw me over.......

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just another update. Robert called me today to tell me that they are sending me a whole new intake. Before, he was just going to send me the lower tube by itself. I will need to send back the original one. Something tells me they might have changed something else in addition to the sensor mount. I didn't inquire about this, but I don't see why they would be sending a whole new unit.

If you are getting your CAI replaced, you might want to clarify with Robert or whoever exactly what they will be sending you.

------------------
MODS:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Robert is just sending me the grommet for the sensor mod...... everything should be fine after that

------------------
2000 Nissan Sentra SE - Hotshot Cold Air Intake - HP RacingMotorsport Coilovers - Razo Carbonfiber Pedals - Razo titanium shift knob - Razo Shift Light - Nology Hotwires - Arospeed Shortshifter - Smoke Side Markers

·
Registered
623 Posts
coo dood... hey, i think ur gonna like intake if u dont already have it on. that alone with the stromung exh is great, cant will till i get a hold of their headers

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just got my Hotshot yesterday in the mail. Looks nice so far. I'm going to try to put it on this weekend. I talked to Robert and he said that you can use a 5/8" Hole drill to make the hole for the temp sensor. That's the kind of drill that has the center and the 2 little prongs on the side to drill nice clean holes. Gonna do it myself rather than send it back and have to wait again.

He said that they made this minor oversight because they were in such a hurry to get these out cuz people were calling them and complaining like crazy. So what's the lesson? Let's be patient with the headers so this kind of thing doesn't happen again.

It's tough trying to mod a car with limited aftermarket support but at least Hotshot is trying. And think about it, Nissan is not even a huge market segment but they are willing to support the Nissan aftermarket. Most companies just make stuff exclusively for Civics/Integras.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wait, Wait....I am supposed to feel sorry for Hotshot screwing this up?! Waiting 5 weeks for the intake was rushing them?? They admitted that they weren't even working on it, and now it's my fault? I dunno man, I hold them 100% responsible for the error. I shouldn't be punished for their oversight. That is why I am getting a new one in the mail.

Robert offered me to do it myself, but why would I want to go out and buy a drill bit when Hotshot will do it for me for free?

------------------
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back. (In a UPS truck...again)
- Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck...again)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hey max,
sorry if I offended you or I sounded like I was accusing you but in no way was I referring to anyone in specific. I was just repeating what Robert told me. I don't know who called or how many times but that's all he told me.

Hey, I feel exactly the way that you do. I ordered and paid for all the stuff back in January. $585 was charged to my credit card and the header isn't even in development yet.

Also, me being a former Honda guy, if you wanted a part, then you just order it and it's there the next week. Also, prices were much better. I totally see where you're coming from and if I sounded like a d**k, then I apologize...you should know that you are very appreciated on this board, especially by me for the Stromung deal and for just being a very integral part of the board.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm not offended at all....I'm sorry if I sounded that way.

I have just had it with Hotshot is all. I was really hoping to have that intake on this weekend. Now, I will be going on week 6 until I get the right part.

I'm gonna very closely compare the new intake vs. the old one. I have a feeling that there might be some other differences between them. Robert made a point of calling me to tell me that they were sending a whole new intake vs. just the lower tube. This has me wondering. Why would they replace the whole unit if only the lower tube was wrong? Originally, that is all they were gonna send me....then they changed their minds. Who knows...I will let tell you guys what I find out next week.

------------------
MODS:
- Stromung Stainless Cat-back.
- Gen. 2 Hotshot CAI (In a Fed Ex Truck...again)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts