B15 Sentra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I went to install my hotshot cai and well it wouldn't go. The 2.75x3 coupler just won't go over the pipe. I'm talking about the couplers with the hotshot logo on them. They are basically smaller than the pipe. So any of you with the hotshot cai, did you you have problems with making the couplers fit over the pipes.

·
Registered
446 Posts
use some vaseline

dave, trust me if it was like the pri intake it is a B!TCH to get over the MAF. Use some vaseline and it will make it all better. Basically have the pipe kinda half in with vaseline on the inside of the coupler then take a screw driver or a similar lever like object and pull the rest of the coupler over the maf adapter or pipe. I like that it is a tight fit so I know that it will not come off while I'm going down the road. Email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions.

-iLL

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Re: use some vaseline

iLLt3cK said:
dave, trust me if it was like the pri intake it is a B!TCH to get over the MAF. Use some vaseline and it will make it all better. Basically have the pipe kinda half in with vaseline on the inside of the coupler then take a screw driver or a similar lever like object and pull the rest of the coupler over the maf adapter or pipe. I like that it is a tight fit so I know that it will not come off while I'm going down the road. Email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions.

-iLL
I never had that problem with my couplers on the PRI CAI......But vaseline should make it fit .....

G

·
Your Intake has different couplers than my Hotshot did. If anything, my couplers were somewhat loose! Luckily, the PR CAI already comes partially assembled. haahha. YOu definetly want those things to be tight though. That is all that is keeping the intake in one piece. The intake is so long that it acts like a lever. When the far end moves, it exerts a lot of force on the joint at the throttle body. I think fabricating a bracket that joins the MAF sensor to the battery tie down is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I installed my PR CAI yesterday and it was a little tight getting the MAF connected to the upper pipe. what I did was take off the coupler from the pipe and put it on the MAF first and it was a lot easier to do. Overall the install went very smoothly and quickly. Except that someone by the name of Jeff called me 2 times and extended the time it took to install it lol.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I tried vaseline. I really doubt they will go on. They look pretty much smaller than the pipe. I'm going to give hotshot a call tomorrow and see what they have to say. Those of you with the hotshot CAI. Did you get couplers with logos on them or not?

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the couplers that were in my box were wrong. They are 2.5 not 3. The ones with the logo are the ones for the 1.6 intake I guess.

Hotshot wants $10 a coupler for them, so I called the local parts stores, performance shops, truck shops to no avail.

I finally found the right part at a Mack truck store. Apparantly the turbo diesels use a silicon coupler on the hot and cold side. The hot side is ride colored and the cold side is blue. It is the correct 3 inch size. The length is a little under 6 inches, so it is just right. I bought the blue one because it wad $10 as opposed to the $20 for the red.

G

·
Hotshot gave you the wrong coupler and didn't offer to replace it?? What cheapskates.

Well, I am glad you found something that would work. I never would have thought about going to a diesel supply parts house. hahaha. Good thinking! I bet they thought you were crazy when you told them it was for a 2.0L gas engine. hehe.

·
Fogey
4,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I bought it used. If I could have found out who bought it originally they did offer to replace them under that invoice, but I didn't really want to wait.

The CAI I bought has changed hands 2x already so I really didn't want to track who had it originally. So I figured I could find them cheaper.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts